Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Transfer from AC (domestic) to KLM at YYZ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Transfer from AC (domestic) to KLM at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan - E75, Delta Sky Miles - Silver, HHonors - Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Transfer from AC (domestic) to KLM at YYZ

In order to reach status on Skymiles and AE, I have booked a flight to Europe on KLM via YYZ. Can AC check my bags through, or will I have to pick them up?

In the past I have been able to get away without this connecting to Aeroflot via LHR, and I know that it will be on 2 tickets, but just checking. Time is not an issue (8 hrs between flights).
Old Jul 29, 2011, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K SPG Plat 75
Originally Posted by canadatosiberia
In order to reach status on Skymiles and AE, I have booked a flight to Europe on KLM via YYZ. Can AC check my bags through, or will I have to pick them up?

In the past I have been able to get away without this connecting to Aeroflot via LHR, and I know that it will be on 2 tickets, but just checking. Time is not an issue (8 hrs between flights).
If it's on two tickets, AC will not check the bag through; you'll need to pick up in Toronto, change terminals, and then check in once KLM checkin opens for your flight.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 5:32 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by ac789
If it's on two tickets, AC will not check the bag through; you'll need to pick up in Toronto, change terminals, and then check in once KLM checkin opens for your flight.
AC changed that policy a while ago. If AC and KLM have a baggage interline agreement (I believe they do), your bags should be checked through. You'll still have to check in with KLM in T3 at YYZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.