Esso promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2011, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Esso promotion

Just saw this on the AE newsletter.

Hurry! An exclusive offer just for you: Earn 3X the miles at Esso stations*.

Between July 4 and August 3, 2011, 2011, earn 3X Aeroplan Miles† on all eligible purchases‡ when you visit any Esso station 3 or more times.

That's 3 Aeroplan Miles for every $3 you spend on fuel, car washes or convenience items.

To take advantage of this special offer, just swipe your Aeroplan Card at the pump or in-store and you'll earn 3X the miles. Aeroplan Miles will be credited to your Aeroplan Account within four business days of your transaction...Then, before you know it, you'll be rewarding yourself with the best in travel, merchandise, experiences and gift cards.

Visit your local Esso station today! This offer ends August 3, 2011.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 7:13 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Accor Diamond, Marriott Platinum
^ Nice! Just as I'm about to start a road trip :-)
Old Jul 15, 2011, 7:19 am

i much prefer them reducing 8 cents/liter of gas on my bill instead
Old Jul 15, 2011, 7:28 am

Programs: UA Gold - Hyatt Plat - Nexus
To pay a mini-RTW for a family of 4, like I just booked yesterday, one would need to drive his car only 100 times around the world at that special promotion rate.

(60 aeroplan miles per 500km. 480000/60*500=4million km/40000km=100 rtw)
Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:33 am

Just looked up my account and they've only out in regular miles for my Esso purchases since the 4th. Wonder how long before they catch up (if they do). I've got just over 1000 miles there since that day, so the extra 2000 would be nice as they all add up eventually.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
i much prefer them reducing 8 cents/liter of gas on my bill instead
I'm with G-H-T on this ^
Old Jul 15, 2011, 8:27 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
You've spent $3K at Esso in a week and a half? What do you drive...a battleship?
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by DaveTO
You've spent $3K at Esso in a week and a half? What do you drive...a battleship?
a tanker or a bat mobile
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:21 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I just filled up in BC (North Delta) and there is no mention of this promotion at the point of sale, or on my Visa receipt.

I was awarded standard miles.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Pretty automatic at the pump getting the bonus miles in the past.. and I believe Supreme is triple the regular, so you'll get 9x the regular gas buying supreme on this promo..

I've gassed up my Benz's on this promo on Supreme over the last 15 years and got the triple triple before..
Old Jul 16, 2011, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by DaveTO
$350-400 a day in diesel. I wonder if maybe Esso has an arrangement with my employer that they don't do bonus promos on our account, since apparently we get some kind of discount as it is.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Since this promotion only kicks after 3 purchases, I would not expect the bonus points to post initially. Not sure if the bonus will start posting after the 3rd purchase or in a lump sum at the end of the promo.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 2:45 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
This is a nice!

I like Shell, their additive packs keeps my engines cleaner than Esso (tested by doing oil samples) but since they got rid of easypay, I'm going to Esso more often for the convenience of Speedpass.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DanJ
$350-400 a day in diesel. I wonder if maybe Esso has an arrangement with my employer that they don't do bonus promos on our account, since apparently we get some kind of discount as it is.
I pay with my Esso fleet card and swipe AE on the side.. Just swipe your AE card next time you use your fleet card..

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Since this promotion only kicks after 3 purchases, I would not expect the bonus points to post initially. Not sure if the bonus will start posting after the 3rd purchase or in a lump sum at the end of the promo.
Usually the bonuses and base points are printed on the bottom of each receipt..
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:33 pm

Programs: AC E50K
The current Shell / Air Mile visit 3X got 100 miles promo is a better deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.