Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Requalified for Elite - additional FF?

Old Jun 28, 11, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 100k

Hi,

So I've just re-qualified for Elite and will be flying an additional 27k - 30k this year. I probably will not need additional e-upgrades, so I'm not incentivezed by the mileage thresholds. Therefore, I was thinking of enrolling to an additional FF. I do a lot of US coast to coast flying so would benefit from middle tier MP in getting economy plus seating. Next year, most of my flights will be TATLs, as I'll be stationed in Moscow for half a year (don't know which *A carrier is strong there?). My focus is increasing the comfort of my flights. I'm also pretty certain I'll be flying between 80k-100k next year.

Any recc'd?

Also, can I get AC *G benefits, while putting the miles on another account? And, theoretically let's say I'm flying United, can I get Economy plus seating because of my United *S and lounge access b/c of AC *G?

Thank you.
Old Jun 28, 11, 6:38 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by timj010 View Post
Hi,

So I've just re-qualified for Elite and will be flying an additional 27k - 30k this year. I probably will not need additional e-upgrades, so I'm not incentivezed by the mileage thresholds. Therefore, I was thinking of enrolling to an additional FF. I do a lot of US coast to coast flying so would benefit from middle tier MP in getting economy plus seating.
Probably makes sense to go for UA mid-tier

Next year, most of my flights will be TATLs, as I'll be stationed in Moscow for half a year (don't know which *A carrier is strong there?).
There are quite a few airlines going to Moscow (BMI, TK, SAS, LH,LO), so you have lots of choice.

Also, can I get AC *G benefits, while putting the miles on another account? And, theoretically let's say I'm flying United, can I get Economy plus seating because of my United *S and lounge access b/c of AC *G?
Yes. Just show your Elite card for Lounge access.
Old Jun 28, 11, 2:49 pm

Programs: AC Prestige, PC Platinum
What you can do is check in with your AC*G, and get a boarding pass with your AC*G on it. Use that to get into the lounge (they will check your boarding pass + elite card). Before boarding, get the gate attendant to change the freq flyer to whichever other airline you want.
Old Jun 28, 11, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, HH Gold, MR Titanium, IHG Spire, Accor Silver, National EE, Hertz PC
I'm AC*E (SE sometime this summer ) and UA 2P (debating whether I want to get 1P). I most often book UA/CO flights under my UA FF# and add my AC # at check-in (so I'm guaranteed an E+ seat if it's available). A quick search for "FQTS FQTV" will tell you everything you need to know. If you ask a relatively knowledgeable agent to put your UA # into FQTS and your AC # into FQTV you can get E+ and UDU while crediting to AC. If you just want lounge access, don't bother with your AC # and just show your E card at the RCC.

I regret that I became a UA elite. I think I should have tried to fly AA for my US trips so that I could have maintained status on CX. The only problem is that AA only has 3 flights/day out of YYC compared to UA's 12, plus 3 for CO.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: