Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2011, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

What should I do?

We've booked 2 business class reward tickets to multi-locations. One segment of the itinerary is in economy (SIN-HKG on Singapore Airline).
A few days later, I checked Aeroplan site and found 1 ticket in business class. I called to have one ticket changed. Next day, I saw another ticket opened up in business class and called to have the remaining ticket changed. They emailed me the revised tickets and I thought everything was good.
When I called Singapore Airline to get seat assignment, I was told that the tickets were never changed-we're still in economy!
I called Aeroplan and was told to just wait a few days-everything was good.
Well, long story short, I received a call from a supervisor from Aeroplan a week later. She told me the two seats in business class on Aeroplan site was an error and that they would have to put us back to economy. She also caution me not to change one ticket at a time as this tend to mess up the whole itinerary.
Well, it's been two months and every time I checked Aeroplan site there is always one business class ticket for that segment.
What should I do? Should I call and have one changed and wait for another or just to heed the supervisor's advise and wait til there are 2 seats available?
Sorry for the long story but would appreciate any advise/suggestions for my situation.
Thank you very much.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 11:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Long and short of it.. I've experience phantom options on the AE website to book..

and I attempted to have the AE agent book it without success.. even though I was willing to pay the $30 per ticket booking fee. The fact is that there is tech issues with these phantom tickets.. and likely when you call back, its probably not available..

Your option is to try booking the business class ticket.. just because one agent says it messes things up.. there seems to be differing opinions from one agent to another anyways.. but chances are if its still just one business ticket, its' a phantom unbookable booking anyways..
Old Jun 25, 2011, 5:20 am

Programs: AC SE, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Swisshotel
Maybe send an email? Do you have any status with the airline you're using?

Having said that, the SIN - HKG flight is a short one, so i'd stick in economy unless the ticket upgrade price wasn't that much.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 4:04 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
If one seat comes available you may find it easier to ask that they separate your reservations into 2 PNR's, book the one seat and wait for the other to come available.

You should be able to book what you have technically paid for.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 8:41 pm

i would do a screen print of what you saw, tell the supervisor either they are lying or the system is misleading to the passenger. If they are not going to resolve it to satisfaction you would report it to BBB or Consumer Protection Agencies. At the end of the day, its their IT problem and they failed to resolve their own issues. If they display the wrong info, they should honor it!

SQ does not have LMU...... they price their business upgrade as economy and business class fare difference. I believe C class for SIN-HKG is in the ballpark of SGD$2500/round trip
Old Jun 25, 2011, 9:03 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM
Originally Posted by travjud
We've booked 2 business class reward tickets to multi-locations. One segment of the itinerary is in economy (SIN-HKG on Singapore Airline).
A few days later, I checked Aeroplan site and found 1 ticket in business class. I called to have one ticket changed. Next day, I saw another ticket opened up in business class and called to have the remaining ticket changed. They emailed me the revised tickets and I thought everything was good.
When I called Singapore Airline to get seat assignment, I was told that the tickets were never changed-we're still in economy!
I called Aeroplan and was told to just wait a few days-everything was good.
Well, long story short, I received a call from a supervisor from Aeroplan a week later. She told me the two seats in business class on Aeroplan site was an error and that they would have to put us back to economy. She also caution me not to change one ticket at a time as this tend to mess up the whole itinerary.
Well, it's been two months and every time I checked Aeroplan site there is always one business class ticket for that segment.
What should I do? Should I call and have one changed and wait for another or just to heed the supervisor's advise and wait til there are 2 seats available?
Sorry for the long story but would appreciate any advise/suggestions for my situation.
Thank you very much.
You'll spend more time on the phone than the actual flight time in Economy, is it worth it? Bring the Aeroplan receipt and take your chances at the gate ... How much do you value your time on the phone?
Old Jun 26, 2011, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your suggestions. I think I'm going to give them a call and see. Last time when they changed our reservation to Business class, they had to split it to 2 different reservations and I think that what screwed them up. We are not going until Jan/12 so lots of time left.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
i would do a screen print of what you saw, tell the supervisor either they are lying or the system is misleading to the passenger. If they are not going to resolve it to satisfaction you would report it to BBB or Consumer Protection Agencies. At the end of the day, its their IT problem and they failed to resolve their own issues. If they display the wrong info, they should honor it!

SQ does not have LMU...... they price their business upgrade as economy and business class fare difference. I believe C class for SIN-HKG is in the ballpark of SGD$2500/round trip
Often while you're online and calling in..

I've had the attendant on AE line do the query over the net, and had them see what I saw on the screen.. From there they figure out what the inconsistencies are..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.