Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

More upgrades to Executive Class for less this summer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More upgrades to Executive Class for less this summer

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2011, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by incognism
aircanada.com has not been updated w/ this information yet.

Searched YVR-LAS for July, selected "View fares eligible for upgrade" and selected Prestige. Only Lat fares show up, no T+, contrary to the above.
Yes it has been updated....

What's New!

Air Canada Top Tier Summer Upgrade Offer
For upgrade requests made between June 24th and August 31st 2011, Air Canada is offering its Top Tier members greater access to the Executive Class cabin for travel within Canada and between Canada and the United States: •Super Elite and Elite members will be able to request upgrades using reduced amounts of eUpgrade Credits for Tango Plus fares.
•Prestige members will be able to request upgrades for all Tango Plus fares.
Learn more

All news...
Old Jun 20, 2011, 2:22 pm

Programs: AC*P, SPG
Originally Posted by MM'ER
Yes it has been updated....
Run the search. It doesn't work as intended.

Last year, for Ps, punching in the code for NAUs would come back with T+ fares during the summer promo.

Not that I'm disputing the validity of the promo -- just a operational note.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Request your upgrade between June 24th and August 31st 2011
This is interesting, I have a flight on June 24th from YYC to YYZ and I'd like to only spend 6 credits on it...but if I request it now, I'll get charged 10 credits. If I request it starting on June 24th, it's 6. That kind of sucks.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by j_the_p
This is interesting, I have a flight on June 24th from YYC to YYZ and I'd like to only spend 6 credits on it...but if I request it now, I'll get charged 10 credits. If I request it starting on June 24th, it's 6. That kind of sucks.
I think it is reasonable to expect this to happen since the Company just annnouned it today and certainly couldn't go and back date the promo to allow current bookings within the 7 day and/or 4 day upgrade window is my take on it. It doesn't suck if you can save half the credits to upgrade!
Old Jun 20, 2011, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by MM'ER
I think it is reasonable to expect this to happen since the Company just annnouned it today and certainly couldn't go and back date the promo to allow current bookings within the 7 day and/or 4 day upgrade window is my take on it. It doesn't suck if you can save half the credits to upgrade!
Yeah, I understand the logistics behind it...I'm just saying...in the old paper cert world, I would just need to show up with blue/green cert in hand for the 24th no matter when I request the upgrade. In this world, if I request today, I need to show up with an eRed cert and anyone lucky enough to request and get the upgrade on the 24th needs an eBlue/eGreen cert.

Still, nice promo. Wasn't expecting it.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 2:44 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Too bad they didn't reduce the number of required credits for Y B fares.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 2:47 pm

For upgrade requests made between June 24th and August 31st 2011
Hopefully this works on the flip-side. If I request an upgrade on August 31 for Sept 7, it's only 6 credits.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by jarusoba
Or M for that matter to help out flight pass users.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Clipper801
If the anticipated demand for revenue Executive class seats will be low due to seasonality, why not open up a few more "I" seats for reward redemption?
AC and AP have an agreement that provides for X% of the seats to be available at the 'Classic' (or whatever the heck the name of the day is) level of points, and AE gets a very steep discount on how much it has to pay for them (understandable, given that it is buying a million+ of them). It is not in AC's best interest to allocate more than the set number of seats to AP as they receive less from AP then they would directly from a PAX.

Simply put: amount AP pays for 'classic' J seat < amount PAX pays for T+ fare (that they then u/g)
Old Jun 20, 2011, 5:35 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jarusoba
Maybe the system isn't set up for half-credits.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 6:39 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
finally a decent value proposition!

Finally a decent value proposition for E-credits from AC!!!

If only these levels would stick around beyond summer.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by rehoult
Simply put: amount AP pays for 'classic' J seat < amount PAX pays for T+ fare (that they then u/g)
Now it makes sense why AC needs to curtail IKK to SE. It's too expensive.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 7:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Clipper801
Now it makes sense why AC needs to curtail IKK to SE. It's too expensive.
Disagree with you 100%.. they need to increase for us and MM'ers.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
For me, the problem hasn't been the number of credits, it's been lack of R inventory. I'm 0 for 4 on upgrade attempts this year. Unless AC releases more R seats, the prospect of fewer credits is a sop.

In other words, I can not score an upgrade for 10 credits, or I can not score an upgrade for 6 credits. Which is better
Old Jun 20, 2011, 9:00 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Agreed. I'm still waiting for R space of a flight in August to open up. We have B fares but R is 0 even though the seat map in the J cabin is all empty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.