Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Most Significant Carrier Baggage Rules

Most Significant Carrier Baggage Rules

Old Jun 3, 2012, 2:09 pm

so if flying
AC lga-yul in Y and
LX yul-zrh in F and continuing to asia

AC will decide how much luggage i get to check-in?
F pax on LX have allowance of 3x32kg while AC lga-yul is almost nothing
Old Jun 3, 2012, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
Originally Posted by divjan
so if flying
AC lga-yul in Y and
LX yul-zrh in F and continuing to asia

AC will decide how much luggage i get to check-in?
F pax on LX have allowance of 3x32kg while AC lga-yul is almost nothing
All one ticket? If so then it is the LX 3 x 32kg, no ifs or buts about it. If you want to get confirmation from AC staff, they won't admit that Reg 302 applies but their Facebook team told me that, in a similar situation (YTZ-YUL instead of LGA), the LX allowance would apply to me.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by *A Flyer
All one ticket? If so then it is the LX 3 x 32kg, no ifs or buts about it. If you want to get confirmation from AC staff, they won't admit that Reg 302 applies but their Facebook team told me that, in a similar situation (YTZ-YUL instead of LGA), the LX allowance would apply to me.
yes its one ticket,
3 of 3 agents on the phone said that LX baggage allowance will not apply...with variations of baggage allowance from US-CAN in Y will apply or baggage allowance of AC US-CAN-EUR will apply w/o considering Asia
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:33 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by DavidYYC
My wife flying on J reward ticket as a Prestige was not allowed her third bag as per the MSC rule. She was flying ZRH-FRA (LH) -YYC (AC).
As was mentioned in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post18552482 thread, the MSC rules do not apply to carriers' internal benefits.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:40 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by *A Flyer
All one ticket? If so then it is the LX 3 x 32kg, no ifs or buts about it.
Originally Posted by divjan
yes its one ticket,
3 of 3 agents on the phone said that LX baggage allowance will not apply...
You should not really be surprised if the telephone Res agents are not familiar with the relevant rules that would be within the domain of the airport check-in agents.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.