FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   New International J Class Meals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1225089-new-international-j-class-meals.html)

EZESE Jun 11, 2011 8:00 am

New International J Class Meals

Just got off flight #007 from YVR-HKG after a two hour delay and I have to give credit to the Company for revamping there meals in the J Class cabin. The quality of the meals were better and the selections as well. The snack basket remains the same and it needs some work still.

Here's the new menu:

Lunch:
Appetizer
Smoked Atlantic Salmon with Cucumber Carpaccio and Dill Mustard Sauce

SaladOrganic Field Greens, Grape Tomatoes and Parmesan with Balsamic Vinigrette

Main Courses

Steamed Chicken Thigh offered with mixed Mushrooms, Lily Flower, Egg Fried Jasmine Rice, sauteed Kai-lan and Carrots

Roasted Chicken filled with butternut Squash and Cranberry accompagnied by Madeira Mushrooms Sauce, Maintoba Wild Rice and roasted Peppers

Sauteed Alaskan Black Cod complemented by Lemon Butter, spinach Risotto, Green Beans and glazed Baby Carrots

Grilled AAA Alberta Beef Tenderloin presented with Truffle and Porcini Mushroom Sauce, Celeriac Yukon gold Dauphinoise Potatoes, Green Beans and Cherry Tomato Confit

A Selection of warm fresh Breads with Butter

Selection of Cheese
Camenbert, Yellow Cheddar and Oka served with Crackers

Choice Desserts
Warm Chocolate Peacan Tart (although on my Sydney flight last week this was served with vanilla ice cream but not on this flight)
Sliced seasonal Fruit

Pre-Arrival Snack
Main Courses
Stir Fried Beef Sirloin with Shanghai Noodles and Vegetable Stir-Fry

Grilled Chicken with Balsamic Pesto Cream Sauce, Basmati Saffron Rice, Green Beans and Cherry Tomato Confit

Grilled Vegetable Lasagna with Mozzarella, Ricotta and Basil Tomato SAuce

A selection of fresh Breads with butter

Sliced seasonal Fruit and Chocolates

g46r Jun 11, 2011 11:38 am

Man you must be pretty impressed to type this all up instead simply taking a picture of the menu.

bakersdozen Jun 11, 2011 12:44 pm

Yay, so they finally get ride of that greasy overly heavy grilled cheese sandwich (or whatever "fancy" name it is called)

rehoult Jun 11, 2011 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by bakersdozen (Post 16543611)
Yay, so they finally get ride of that greasy overly heavy grilled cheese sandwich (or whatever "fancy" name it is called)

No, I believe the Croque Monsieur is still offered as an anytime snack similar to the dim sum.

bakersdozen Jun 11, 2011 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by rehoult (Post 16543681)
No, I believe the Croque Monsieur is still offered as an anytime snack similar to the dim sum.

BOOOOOOOOOOooooooo

:)

EZESE Jun 11, 2011 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by rehoult (Post 16543681)

The same selections are still offered for Mid Flight Snaack such as the Croque Monsieur, the Dim Sum, Vanilla Ice Cream, Cup of Soup, Yougurt, Cheese Plate, Cereal and Fresh Grapes.

EZESE Jun 11, 2011 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by g46r (Post 16543295)
Man you must be pretty impressed to type this all up instead simply taking a picture of the menu.

No but had no camera on me since it's a short trip and had amazingly a lot of energy after travelling almost 20 hours from YUL!:D^

Jasper2009 Jun 11, 2011 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by EZESE (Post 16544618)
The same selections are still offered for Mid Flight Snaack such as the Croque Monsieur, the Dim Sum, Vanilla Ice Cream, Cup of Soup, Yougurt, Cheese Plate, Cereal and Fresh Grapes.

Do you happen to know which flights have a mid-flight snack available?

I know the Canada-Asia flights do, but how about YYZ-EZE or the longer TATL flights like YVR-LHR or YYZ-TLV?

EZESE Jun 11, 2011 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 16544634)

I know the Canada-Asia flights do, but how about YYZ-EZE or the longer TATL flights like YVR-LHR or YYZ-TLV?

No they use to have the Snack Basket on YYZ-GRU and YYZ-SCL-EZE and also on YYZ-TLV but took this away as of 3.5 years ago. YYZ-TLV has short list of hot/cold snacks though.
I wish they would bring it back along with the smoothie for breakfast which also dissappeared at around the same time.:(

Only Asia flights and the Syd flights and YVR/YYC to Europe have the snack baskets.

yyj9 Jun 11, 2011 5:35 pm

new menu is good

I had the roasted chicken and then the lasagna yesterday yvr -pvg, both very good. I was pleasantly surprised by the smoked salmon appetizer, great presentation and very tasty.
I have been eagerly waiting for the pecan pie after reading EZESE's comments, and yes it is very good (no ice-cream here either), but I was stuffed and couldn't eat it all! That's a lot of food for lunch.
No need for a snack for me.
I managed to break 9A on this flight, so I hope they fix it quick. The foot rest section essentially fell off...
Looking forward to the trip back (as long as an upgrade comes through, that is)

Andrew Yiu Jun 11, 2011 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 16544634)

Toronto - Asia, YVR/HKG, YVR/SYD have the long list of mid flight snacks (hot/cold); other YVR/Asia and YYZ/TLV have a shorter list of mid flight snacks (hot/cold); YVR/Europe and YYC/Europe have snack basket.

Santander Jun 11, 2011 7:51 pm

I took AC7 last week and that looks all the same. Steak wasn't bad, but not great either. If only I didn't eat the smoked salmon..

EZESE Jun 11, 2011 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Santander (Post 16545122)
I took AC7 last week and that looks all the same. Steak wasn't bad, but not great either. If only I didn't eat the smoked salmon..

These menus were just added at the first week of June wo you must of received this new menu and not the old menus with the Lava Cake!^
Now let's see what they serve me later toinght on the return flight #018 Sunday in J Class?
Looking forward to post the menu for the return.

Santander Jun 11, 2011 7:57 pm

Just got off AC18, but instead of flying on the 13th as I was supposed to I had to make a last-minute change to fly today. All they could get me was a middle seat in Y... (Not only middle, but an E seat :td:) At least I made it back to Canada... nice to be home for the first time in a month.

EZESE Jun 11, 2011 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Santander (Post 16545138)
Just got off AC18, but instead of flying on the 13th as I was supposed to I had to make a last-minute change to fly today. All they could get me was a middle seat in Y... (Not only middle, but an E seat :td:) At least I made it back to Canada... nice to be home for the first time in a month.

Welcome home even if it was in a middle E seat!;)