Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Best J seat with infant?? (77W)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Best J seat with infant?? (77W)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2011, 9:33 pm
KGL
Original Poster

Best J seat with infant?? (77W)

Hi All,

I am soon flying business class to LHR with my 5 month old and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to which would be the best seat to try for.

I have taken a few flights with the baby so far, and each time he's luckily been an angel. I am hoping that trend continues and he sleeps the whole way, but in case he does fuss a bit, which seats are the most secluded in order to minimize disturbances to the other passengers?

Also, is it frowned upon to take him walking in the economy section if he does cry? (Not that I look forward to subjecting anyone to a baby's cries, but the back of the plane is always noisier anyway...)

Thanks for any insight.

Last edited by KGL; Jun 10, 2011 at 9:56 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:26 pm

I would suggest the back row of the 1st cabin...row 6?
The galley is right there is he does fuss.
Or the last row of cabin 2 so he can play peek a boo with economy.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:29 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
I was under the impression that lap childs are not allowed in the pods for safety reasons.

So my guess would be 18AB or 18JK as bassinett seats.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by DaveTO
I was under the impression that lap childs are not allowed in the pods for safety reasons.

They can't have their own seat.... but can be allowed on a lap.

I would say the last row is the best.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 7:38 am

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
My mistake. It's the child seats that aren't allowed in the pods.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:45 am
Suspended

We took infant and 2 kids 9 months ago BKK-NRT-YVR.
Shockingly.. there is no bassinet on AC.. so we just picked 2 and 2 across from each other in the middle where it was quiet.

Babies are susceptible to sound in galleys or lavs I've found.

It worked as well as it could. Took CX back with bassinet.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: Continental SE 2010, Air Canada Elite 2011
We have flown with our 7 month old daughter a lot recently. The seats at the back of each of the cabins have an extra triangular ledge (because of no seat behind) where you can put baby stuff and spread out a little.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 2:23 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Aim for the back of J.

Afraid to say that you'd probably have lots of people looking in your direction as the pods are aimed frontwards if he starts acting up. It's much harder to turn around to look with these seats.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 4:15 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Best seats for who?

For the parents, the infants, or other pax?

If your infant is a cry baby, there is no best seat in J.

If your infant is not, any seat is good.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Last row in the second cabin in a window seat is probably the best. A little out of the way, so it's nice.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 8:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC*SE,SPG Platinum,HHounours Gold, FairmontPlat
Originally Posted by DaveTO

Infants are allowed on laps in J Class...
Infants shouldn't be allowed in J Class IMHO. When we had F Class on Ac over 15 + years ago the Company had a policy in place no infants were aloowed in F Class....bring it back please. The little bit AC makes as 10% in fare and revenue isn't worth the disruption to other J Class pax. I had a screeming infant in J class from SYD-YVR-YYZ and they were in seats 5A and D and I was in 11K last row and still could hear it!
Old Jun 11, 2011, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by EZESE
I had a screeming infant in J class from SYD-YVR-YYZ and they were in seats 5A and D and I was in 11K last row and still could hear it!
Would it have been better if they were in row 18 and you were in 11?
Old Jun 11, 2011, 9:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC*SE,SPG Platinum,HHounours Gold, FairmontPlat
Originally Posted by tracon
Would it have been better if they were in row 18 and you were in 11?
Oh most certianly and I would have opened the little wall partion to share the noise with the rest of us in J!...LOL
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
I really don't think infants should be allowed in international C either. (Domestic C isn't a big deal) I don't think AC would agree to that, unfortunately...
Old Jun 12, 2011, 1:06 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by EZESE
Infants are allowed on laps in J Class...
Infants shouldn't be allowed in J Class IMHO. When we had F Class on Ac over 15 + years ago the Company had a policy in place no infants were aloowed in F Class....bring it back please. The little bit AC makes as 10% in fare and revenue isn't worth the disruption to other J Class pax. I had a screeming infant in J class from SYD-YVR-YYZ and they were in seats 5A and D and I was in 11K last row and still could hear it!
If I had it my way, I would ban infants in ALL classes of service!

But even other airlines allow infants in F cabins nowadays. This includes SQ. I once got compensated by SQ because I was disturbed by an infant sitting in F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.