FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Question: A 2nd YYZ-HKG departure in the evening? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1221976-2nd-yyz-hkg-departure-evening.html)

Clipper801 Jun 2, 2011 7:45 am

A 2nd YYZ-HKG departure in the evening?

Any consideration by AC to re-introduce (that had been "on and off" for a few seasons in the past 10 years) an evening departure from YYZ to HKG in addition to the AC15 that departs in the morning?

Some of the rationale for an evening departure are still valid as discussed in this old thread, and the fact that CX retains its early morning departure in addition to a second daily non-stop from YYZ to HKG (with additional options available via YVR with the YYZ-YVR segment code share operated by WS):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...8-yyz-hkg.html

cuto Jun 2, 2011 8:26 am

actually, i think it'd be great if the flight could start in YOW first before heading to YYZ and then onto HKG. wishful thinking. :)

mkjr Jun 2, 2011 11:39 am

only if AC feels the heat more from CX i think.

pitz Jun 2, 2011 4:35 pm

Probably need the 787s for such to make any sense.

Putting a second 777 on is probably too much of a jump in capacity at one time without killing yields.

Clipper801 Jun 8, 2011 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by pitz (Post 16493704)
Probably need the 787s for such to make any sense.

Putting a second 777 on is probably too much of a jump in capacity at one time without killing yields.

AC always has 2 flights from YYZ to HKG (both direct, one non-stop and one with a transit stop at YVR) and at present both leave in the morning within 2 hours of each other.

CX used to have just 1 flight from YYZ to HKG but has added a 2nd additional 777 service for the summer with departure choices of early afternoon or just after midnight.

The enquiry was whether AC would (again) change one of the 2 morning departures to the evening to offer an evening departure choice for travellers. So, not adding new flight. AC probably does not have the spare long range equipment to do so at the present moment anyway.

CloudsBelow Jun 8, 2011 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by cuto (Post 16490597)
actually, i think it'd be great if the flight could start in YOW first before heading to YYZ and then onto HKG. wishful thinking. :)

more like wishful "dreaming". I am a big fan of YOW but just keep your fingers crossed for the continued success of LHR and FRA from YOW and we'll be satisfied with that. No 787 / 350 will ever bring nonstop asia to YOW I'm afraid

Spot planes Jun 9, 2011 12:58 am

I am all for an evening departure from YYZ to HKG via YVR. I like the midnight flight YVR-HKG for early morning arrival at HKG allowing more connections to SE Asia.

EZESE Jun 9, 2011 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Spot planes (Post 16529510)
I am all for an evening departure from YYZ to HKG via YVR. I like the midnight flight YVR-HKG for early morning arrival at HKG allowing more connections to SE Asia.

AC would like to bring back this evening flight that left at 2:00am from YVR-HKG arriving at 6:30am +2 days later but shortage of available aircraft is the reason they can't.

Stussi613 Jun 9, 2011 7:48 am

Originally Posted by EZESE (Post 16529693)
AC would like to bring back this evening flight that left at 2:00am from YVR-HKG arriving at 6:30am +2 days later but shortage of available aircraft is the reason they can't.

You sure know allot about what AC wants to do, and what it does and why...are you sure you're an SAP consultant? :p

EZESE Jun 9, 2011 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Stussi613 (Post 16530719)
You sure know allot about what AC wants to do, and what it does and why...are you sure you're an SAP consultant? :p

Perhaps maybe because I fly this route WEEKLY?;)

NordsFan Jun 9, 2011 9:02 am

Originally Posted by EZESE (Post 16530939)
Perhaps maybe because I fly this route WEEKLY?;)

Don't you mean WEEKENDLY ? ;) ^LOL:D

EZESE Jun 9, 2011 9:11 am

Originally Posted by NordsFan (Post 16531153)
Don't you mean WEEKENDLY ? ;) ^LOL:D

Not ALWAYS but Mostly!:D:rolleyes:

NordsFan Jun 9, 2011 9:58 am

Originally Posted by EZESE (Post 16531200)
Not ALWAYS but Mostly!:D:rolleyes:

^LOL;):D

cuto Jun 9, 2011 10:23 am

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow (Post 16527173)
more like wishful "dreaming". I am a big fan of YOW but just keep your fingers crossed for the continued success of LHR and FRA from YOW and we'll be satisfied with that. No 787 / 350 will ever bring nonstop asia to YOW I'm afraid

haha i know i'm not the centre of the world, but i never fly to LHR or FRA so they're useless to me. haha. i wish there would be something going east.

anyhow, i'm not looking for non-stop to Asia from YOW because i know it'll be tough to fill up. i was hopping have the flight start in YOW, make the stop in YYZ to continue to fill up, and then make its way to HKG. :)

gglave Jun 9, 2011 11:18 am

Originally Posted by EZESE (Post 16530939)
Perhaps maybe because I fly this route WEEKLY?

Really? Wow. Wouldn't it be easier just to move to Hong Kong?