Community
Wiki Posts
Search

carrier admin fee

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2011, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

carrier admin fee

woah woah woah! I thought this new crap to hide the fuel charge was for international flights only?? Now we have to pay for domestic rewards as well? Damn! Ac is good! Pay aeroplan every month for points they give out, and never cash any back in due to all FF's avoiding ac metal at all costs... instead of doing yow-yvr direct with AC, I would rather save 54$ and fly yow-ord-sea-yvr on ua/co! $CREW YOU AC!

/end rant
Old May 24, 2011, 8:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC*SE,SPG Platinum,HHounours Gold, FairmontPlat
Originally Posted by hearna
woah woah woah! I thought this new crap to hide the fuel charge was for international flights only?? Now we have to pay for domestic rewards as well? Damn! Ac is good! Pay aeroplan every month for points they give out, and never cash any back in due to all FF's avoiding ac metal at all costs... instead of doing yow-yvr direct with AC, I would rather save 54$ and fly yow-ord-sea-yvr on ua/co! $CREW YOU AC!

/end rant
WHOA!...and I thought I had an axe to grind about being served too much Lava Cake!
Old May 24, 2011, 8:10 pm

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Can you explain a bit more this enhanced carrier admin fee? Is it for booking reward tickets? On AC metal only ticket?

instead of doing yow-yvr direct with AC, I would rather save 54$ and fly yow-ord-sea-yvr on ua/co! $CREW YOU AC!
if you are talking about reward ticket, maybe AC is trying to have you $crew ua/co on flying their metal and hence another revenue seat for AC?
Old May 24, 2011, 8:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I read the post twice and I stll don't get it.....
Old May 24, 2011, 8:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Whoa, Whoa, is the Op talking about how good AC is? Four times reading it and still does not make sense.
Old May 24, 2011, 9:19 pm

Unless you have a stopover on your trip that is looking like cabotage to me.

And the CFA isn't all that new, for some reason I think it was introduced when AC got rid of the fuel surcharges on domestic flights. This is why people avoid AC whenever possible on RTW flights. The two legs from YOW-YUL are the costliest legs on my RTW itins, too bad there is no other half decent option.
Old May 24, 2011, 10:18 pm

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by Z-man
I read the post twice and I stll don't get it.....
Originally Posted by Z-man
Whoa, Whoa, is the Op talking about how good AC is? Four times reading it and still does not make sense.
Glad I am not the only one can't understand OP....
Old May 24, 2011, 11:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Anger results in words we can't comprehend sometimes..

Good catch Op.. That one would of flew by my head..

I've long given up trying to analyze the fees.. AE tells me how it is.. gotta pay, otherwise can't fly..
Old May 25, 2011, 8:00 am
Original Poster

grr, let me repost :

a reward tix from yow-yvr on ac metal gets slapped with a 54$ carrier admin fee. I was under the impression that we only got slapped with these crazy CAF and YQ fees on international routes, and domestic routes were spared, however I guess I was wrong. 180$ to fly from yow-yyz... picking up el super cheap flights a return ticket would cost 350-400? I guess us canadians can just not get away from taxes taxes taxes (even tho most are crap)
Old May 25, 2011, 9:25 am

.I guess us canadians can just not get away from taxes taxes taxes (even tho most are crap)
Quite the contrary.. hardly any of these are taxes.
Old May 25, 2011, 11:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Scoop
Quite the contrary.. hardly any of these are taxes.
We are so conditioned to taxes.. we call everything taxes lol..

Air Canada is shifting their marketing to low base price.. pile everything into fees which are considered taxes.. so more tickets will be sold.

I may be a stalwart AE member.. mainly because I live in Canada.. but when it comes to buying plane tickets.. lowest price rules, unless its within $10 per ticket or something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.