Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

I'm in the MLL/AC Cafe/Signature Suite now......Lounge meet-up master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2014, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
This is a master thread to post any lounge meet up requests / invite requests forum members might have. It'd be great if you could post your lounge guesting/request in the same format as below...
A reminder - those offering guesting are quite happy to be guested to a superior lounge!

If you have the ability to make changes to the WIKI, please do so yourself rather than replying to the thread! If you are asking to be guested, please only add to the wiki - do not post in the thread.

OFFER REQUEST MEET (i.e. will be there but can't guest) dd-MMM-yyyy / hh:mm / XXX / Terminal Lounge / FlyerTalkName
Please note the date format so as to avoid confusion

Please do not write OFFER/MEET; if you are able to guest someone in, it is implied you can also meet them without guesting them in.
Print Wikipost

I'm in the MLL/AC Cafe/Signature Suite now......Lounge meet-up master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Today I am doing GYR - PHX - YVR - YYC - YQF catch me if you can. ( will do YVR and YYC MLL )

Just got into PHX
I had to look up GYR and am now intrigued by the GYR-PHX portion of your trip. Was that portion over land?
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by somedude3210
I had to look up GYR and am now intrigued by the GYR-PHX portion of your trip. Was that portion over land?
non-commercial.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:53 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
non-commercial.
I am not familiar with the code, but I can guess.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 9:38 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by YEG2MM
I am not familiar with the code, but I can guess.
And you'd be right
Old Jan 13, 2016, 9:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
And you'd be right
Gynecology Regional?
Old Jan 14, 2016, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yvrgary
You're only slightly off the pace to hit 2MM on this year's flying alone.
Hello from the FRA A Concourse LH *G/Senator lounge.

Unfortunately my pace will slow down near the end of the month... I will end the month on pace for 1.3M AQM for 2016 only.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
SK is such a pathetic airline. What a sham.

When they yanked their European J in-flight product (which was actually pretty good - especially their food), they kept the prices the same, if not even raised them a bit. People who redeem SK "C" on AE... I feel bad for them. Only saving grace is no YQ.

Their aircraft are old and dingy.

They make AC look really good. Makes me appreciate AC more, even though I get the shaft from them.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad

When they yanked their European J in-flight product (which was actually pretty good - especially their food), they kept the prices the same, if not even raised them a bit. People who redeem SK "C" on AE... I feel bad for them. Only saving grace is no YQ.

They make AC look really good. Makes me appreciate AC more, even though I get the shaft from them.
I flew UA F SFO-LHR connecting to SK ... I don't even know what cabin letter to use ... LHR-ARN. So I know what you mean.

But I like AC's shaft.

The SD's are friendly, and aside from the occasional few (speaking of which, I have a note I need to send to customer relations), they give me exactly what I want.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I flew UA F SFO-LHR connecting to SK ... I don't even know what cabin letter to use ... LHR-ARN. So I know what you mean.

But I like AC's shaft.

The SD's are friendly, and aside from the occasional few (speaking of which, I have a note I need to send to customer relations), they give me exactly what I want.
Are we comparing the same shaft?
Old Jan 14, 2016, 1:42 am

Are we comparing the same shaft?
Dunno.

The one I'm talking about is long, friendly, and thick.

Occasionally without tablecloths.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 1:46 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum

Speaking for us peons in the back of the bus, I will say I much prefer SK's slimline Y seat to AC's 32X / Embraer Y seats.

And the SK lounge in Copenhagen isn't the worst.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yvrgary
Speaking for us peons in the back of the bus, I will say I much prefer SK's slimline Y seat to AC's 32X / Embraer Y seats.

And the SK lounge in Copenhagen isn't the worst.
Euro C/J is the same seats as Y, and yes I agree the LH and SK slimline seats are not bad.

As for the SK CPH flagship lounge... yes, that is ok. Flagship MLL kicks its buttocks though.

The newly renovated ARN T5 *G SK lounge is quite nice and spacious.

Anyway...

I will be at the YYZ International MLL again on Jan 21 in the morning. Can guest one person.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum

I was surprised on my first C flight on SAS Plus - wow, what a waste of money. I was connecting from YYZ-LHR in J to ARN. I was ready for European J but what SK offers is brutal. When the BOB cart came by, I asked the FA if they provide meals. She said no but I could have anything from the cart for free! Awesome. I took a sandwich and two boxes of chips. The free wifi didn't even work. They also don't guarantee a blocked middle seat.

Avoid at all costs.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 172pilot
I was surprised on my first C flight on SAS Plus - wow, what a waste of money. I was connecting from YYZ-LHR in J to ARN. I was ready for European J but what SK offers is brutal. When the BOB cart came by, I asked the FA if they provide meals. She said no but I could have anything from the cart for free! Awesome. I took a sandwich and two boxes of chips. The free wifi didn't even work. They also don't guarantee a blocked middle seat.

Avoid at all costs.
Yep.

And it's not even "don't guarantee a blocked middle seat"... they outright sell the middle seat in their "faux-J"!
Old Jan 14, 2016, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hello from the FRA A Concourse LH *G/Senator lounge.

Unfortunately my pace will slow down near the end of the month... I will end the month on pace for 1.3M AQM for 2016 only.
I note with interest , "Disgruntled w/ AC " nomad still giving AC plenty of business

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.