Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

"Air Canada Express": New Regional Brand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Air Canada Express": New Regional Brand

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2011, 10:55 pm

Programs: Marriot Silver Elite
Originally Posted by Santander
Nice, 3 days into the service and there's already a taxiway excursion! "Keeping costs down" generally means underpaying and overworking (maximum duty days, CDOs, etc.) their crew. Q400's are more difficult to operate than some mainline-type jets, their crew deserve at least the respectable level they are earning at Jazz. Jazz has raised the bar in terms of pilot/other crew quality in the last few years, I prefer not to have the wrong type of competition undoing those advances.
Yeah, Jazz has great pilots and staff, too bad they don't have any experience operating Q400's or they might have had a shot at the YTZ service. It wasn't a Jazz crew that had the issue you are referring to.
Old May 5, 2011, 12:52 am
Suspended

To be honest, a bilingual name could end up being just cumbersome. How many airlines in bilingual countries use two names? SA used to be Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens but it's simply SAA now (I can't even find Afrikaans on their website), SN is simply Brussels Airlines (which is neither French nor Dutch) and LX is Swiss in any language. I really support bilingualism, but aviation/ICAO is so Anglo-centric that there's not much point to deviate from the norm. Even Lufthansa, which is one of the few major airlines without an English name brands its regional service as "Lufthansa Regional". Of course, all this only makes the "Jazz" name better, because it is bilingual!
Just FYI. Regional is German too
Old May 5, 2011, 7:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by Allvest
Just FYI. Regional is German too
My mistake then!
Old May 5, 2011, 11:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Seems the new name is fluent in many languages.
Old May 31, 2011, 9:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
http://www.thestar.com/business/arti...t-for-lift-off

MONTREAL—Air Canada’s (TSX: AC.B) regional service Jazz will begin flying under the Air Canada Express banner starting on Wednesday.

The name change is part of the airline’s rebranding of all of its regional services.

The first Jazz planes to get the new stripes will be new Bombardier Q400 turboprops delivered to Chorus Aviation (TSX: CHR.B), a former Air Canada subsidiary that was spun off several years ago and recently renamed.

The remaining Jazz fleet will get the new name upon delivery of other Q400s or when the existing aircraft are repainted.
Old May 31, 2011, 11:57 am

Goodbye Jazz, I'll miss you. I'm flying 4 Jazz flights in the next week and a half so I'll enjoy the pretty livery while it lasts.
Old May 31, 2011, 10:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Goodbye Jazz, I'll miss you. I'm flying 4 Jazz flights in the next week and a half so I'll enjoy the pretty livery while it lasts.
Funny, my first leg to Maya Riviera is on AC Jazz..

Is this subject to change? If so maybe I can sneak in a booking extension to SoCal leg of the trip..
Old Jun 1, 2011, 5:08 am

Programs: UA*G
Jazz begins flying under Air Canada Express banner

We are proud to announce that, beginning June 1, 2011, services operated by Jazz will begin flying under the name Air Canada Express. The name change is part of an ongoing rebranding of all of our regional services to assure our valued customers of consistency when flying on Air Canada Express. Benefits include Aeroplan mileage accumulation and redemption, seamless baggage transfer, one stop check-in, advance seat selection and priority services for eligible customers where available.

Already, Air Canada flights operated by Sky Regional Airlines, Inc., which flies five Bombardier Q400 aircraft between Montreal and Toronto City Airport, are done so under the Air Canada Express name. Other regional airlines that operate flights on Air Canada's behalf will begin to use the Air Canada Express name and livery in the near future.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/110601.html?src=hp_wn
Old Jun 1, 2011, 9:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yul7075
We are proud to announce that, beginning June 1, 2011, services operated by Jazz will begin flying under the name Air Canada Express. The name change is part of an ongoing rebranding of all of our regional services to assure our valued customers of consistency when flying on Air Canada Express. Benefits include Aeroplan mileage accumulation and redemption, seamless baggage transfer, one stop check-in, advance seat selection and priority services for eligible customers where available.

Already, Air Canada flights operated by Sky Regional Airlines, Inc., which flies five Bombardier Q400 aircraft between Montreal and Toronto City Airport, are done so under the Air Canada Express name. Other regional airlines that operate flights on Air Canada's behalf will begin to use the Air Canada Express name and livery in the near future.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/110601.html?src=hp_wn
Thanks for the heads up..

I'll try to call into AE to see if I can squeeze a few more days onto the Socal itinerary as a result of the name change with fee.. roll of dice.. we'll see.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue
While it will be sad to see Jazz go, I can't help but ask "what did Jazz even mean?". I know that it was brought about to go along with the ever so successful Air Canada Tango but once that chapter closed what did Jazz signify? A witty name for a regional carrier? I do like that they are finally aligning their products, it's a good choice in the long run but is going to be hard to get used to!
Old Jun 1, 2011, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by Austin Winters
While it will be sad to see Jazz go, I can't help but ask "what did Jazz even mean?". I know that it was brought about to go along with the ever so successful Air Canada Tango but once that chapter closed what did Jazz signify? A witty name for a regional carrier? I do like that they are finally aligning their products, it's a good choice in the long run but is going to be hard to get used to!
I thought Jazz and Tango were chosen because they are the same words in both official languages? Was there a different reason?
Old Jun 1, 2011, 5:41 pm

(I'm totally making this up)

Jazz makes me think of smoothness, style and refinement. This isn't really the case on most Jazz flights, but I'm sure many other people have similar feelings when they think of the word "Jazz". "Express" doesn't really mean anything other than cutting corners.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 5:49 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
I remember sitting in the old T1 years ago when they started Jazz. They had some marketing nonsense about how the brand is fresh and hot, etc. etc.

Although in those days you got little box lunches on flights
Old Jun 1, 2011, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AE
I wonder what will happen to Jazz's charter fleet once "Jazz" ceases to exist. Will they wear a Chrous Aviation livery?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cdnav8r/3513819117/
Old Jun 4, 2011, 2:33 pm

Programs: several
^ Never really loved the name Jazz. (or Zip, or Tango)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.