Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AP Just wiped out my account - now what???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AP Just wiped out my account - now what???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2017, 11:19 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by KenHamer
You spelt resistant wrong.
No, I spelled "resident" wrong
Old Nov 10, 2018, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
That is my experience as well. Esso posts within 2-3 days.
--
13F
Now that Essa is gone, I’m at a loss as to how to maintain activity in a family member’s account without spending a lot of money or buying something I don’t need. AE has no grocery, drugstore or gas partners now! Any suggestions? There’s always Home Hardware I guess but it’s not very convenient to where I live. TIA
Old Nov 10, 2018, 3:28 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by margarita girl

Now that Essa is gone, I’m at a loss as to how to maintain activity in a family member’s account without spending a lot of money or buying something I don’t need. AE has no grocery, drugstore or gas partners now! Any suggestions? There’s always Home Hardware I guess but it’s not very convenient to where I live. TIA
Use Aeroplan eStore to buy something from Amazon.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

Someone else suggested downloading the Carrot app in another thread recently. Free to use, and gets you quick and easy incremental AP points to keep accounts active. I downloaded it and complete a quick questionnaire and receive some points. Points were deposited in roughly a week.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Yeah, another vote for carrot app. Set it and forget it and miles just regularly drop into your account! Plus regular surveys for additional points, and even more when you refer others to the program.
I also take part in regular surveys from “Asking Canadians”, e-rewards and even Aeroplan directly. Not much, but they add up over time.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by wysiwyg
Yeah, another vote for carrot app. Set it and forget it and miles just regularly drop into your account! Plus regular surveys for additional points, and even more when you refer others to the program.
I also take part in regular surveys from “Asking Canadians”, e-rewards and even Aeroplan directly. Not much, but they add up over time.
I never get the surveys any more, neither does a friend who uses it. Odd as I answered them truthfully.

Amazon also now offers points albeit I keep forgetting. Even Costco online?
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jc94

I never get the surveys any more, neither does a friend who uses it. Odd as I answered them truthfully.

Amazon also now offers points albeit I keep forgetting. Even Costco online?
Yes Costco online only (not instore). Amazon is easy, you can always find something you need (toilet paper, Tide, etc) specially if have Prime. Posts within 2 weeks.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Someone else suggested downloading the Carrot app in another thread recently. Free to use, and gets you quick and easy incremental AP points to keep accounts active. I downloaded it and complete a quick questionnaire and receive some points. Points were deposited in roughly a week.
Just to close the loop, I used the Carrot app suggestion (loaded onto my iPad) to create activity in the account. That was painless, but I really wish there was a convenient merchant where you could buy $2-3 of something to keep an account active.

Thank you!
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Just to close the loop, I used the Carrot app suggestion (loaded onto my iPad) to create activity in the account. That was painless, but I really wish there was a convenient merchant where you could buy $2-3 of something to keep an account active.

Thank you!

To keep relative's account active, we went to Home Hardware and bought a kitchenware item. There were many items for a few dollars.

Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
To keep relative's account active, we went to Home Hardware and bought a kitchenware item. There were many items for a few dollars.

That was my other option. There just isn’t one that is very convenient to me, unlike Esso which is available every few corners!

Let’s face it, Air Miles (and now Optimum) are signing up all the easy retailers like Sobeys, Metro, Rexall, Shell, etc leaving AE with a lot of obscure partners (if you don’t travel).

Old Nov 17, 2018, 6:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Expired Aeroplan Miles

Hi! I just went to book a flight with Aeroplan miles and they expired 2 days ago. 53 000 miles gone?? Is there anything I can do?? Thanks
Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:00 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1208217-ap-just-wiped-out-my-account-now-what.html
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 3Piper111
Hi! I just went to book a flight with Aeroplan miles and they expired 2 days ago. 53 000 miles gone?? Is there anything I can do?? Thanks
I'm it knowledgeable in this area, but as your first post, Welcome to FT?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM

Transfer them 1000 of your AMEX points.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Transfer them 1000 of your AMEX points.
Don't the names have to match? I already have my Aeroplan number registered with Amex. Can I change it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.