RTW question

Old Apr 15, 2011, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E35
RTW question

Sorry guys I did a lot of searching on past threads but I just want to make sure.

If you fly from YVR-PEK (stop), PEK-FRA (stop, turn around), FRA-ICN, ICN-YVR.

How come that's not valid. Is it because PEK is the farthest from the origin, and thus it would count as an ASIA-1 trip (=125k now)
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:24 pm

Programs: AC E
YVR–PEK–FRA–ICN–YVR isn't an RTW; it's just a long way to FRA in both directions. For an RTW, you have to keep going (generally) the same direction (cross both the Atlantic and Pacific/Arctic in the same direction).

You might be able to do YVR–ICN–PEK–FRA–YVR (or the reverse) though.

Last edited by klparrot; Apr 15, 2011 at 10:32 pm Reason: noticed that OP was talking about an RTW, not a Europe reward
Old Apr 16, 2011, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E35
Okay sorry i meant mini-RTW anyways.

But then my question is, can you fly from Canada to Europe via Asia? IE is that allowed?
Old Apr 16, 2011, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
You can go either direction but must continue that same direction (except for a connecting flight whoa sole purpose is to let you continue traveling to your next stopover )
Old Apr 16, 2011, 7:14 am

Programs: AE
Originally Posted by highlander88
Okay sorry i meant mini-RTW anyways.

But then my question is, can you fly from Canada to Europe via Asia? IE is that allowed?
MPM are published to Asia from Canada/USA over both the Pacific and Atlantic, while MPM to Europe are only published over the Atlantic. So the answer is no, you cannot go to Europe over the Pacific in both directions.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.