Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post here if you are leaving Aeroplan due to new changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post here if you are leaving Aeroplan due to new changes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2011, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
No ranko, i totally disagree with that...........i tried looking for flights again, both online and at UA's ticketing office in SIN.....UA's bloody system shows no availability on business class for both UA and *A partners for this summer and into next year... even SIN-HKG....it shows nothing except UA flights..... so, if StarNet blocking is disabled, why couldnt i find SQ availability similar to AC and NH?

long story short ranko..... not everyone is a 1K like you....some of us are Premier, Premier Exec...and we see nothing....
I am only a 1P and even if, 1Ks do not have extra access, apart from UA economy....

Online, you will not find anything, its not like the Aeroplan engine, you cannot pull up partners (LH/CO/US - yes - but very limited, and not combinable) This is why there is no UA award space, it goes first, since its easily searchable.

I have no idea why the SIN office would not find your flights. But I do find the agents incompetent on the regular lines, and most of the time you have to spoonfeed your plan to them. Did you try searching for them on co.com - they dont show SQ, but do show more partners.

If you want I can give you the 1P res line number, you can get a US based agent - far more competent.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
I am only a 1P and even if, 1Ks do not have extra access, apart from UA economy....

Online, you will not find anything, its not like the Aeroplan engine, you cannot pull up partners (LH/CO/US - yes - but very limited, and not combinable) This is why there is no UA award space, it goes first, since its easily searchable.

I have no idea why the SIN office would not find your flights. But I do find the agents incompetent on the regular lines, and most of the time you have to spoonfeed your plan to them. Did you try searching for them on co.com - they dont show SQ, but do show more partners.

If you want I can give you the 1P res line number, you can get a US based agent - far more competent.
thanks ranko.....after several months of aggravation.......gave up and used my Aeroplan miles again.....the last 500,000 miles were all for others that cannot redeem UA

now i have soo many on loan UA miles

ranko - i thought u were 1K?
Old Apr 16, 2011, 7:27 am

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by acysb87
I am a huge Habs fan,BTW
I remembered that
Old Apr 16, 2011, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller

ranko - i thought u were 1K?
1P only... only leisure flights.
United award booking requires you to do all the legwork, the phone agents are not trained well, especially the general line ones

here is the link to United status match for everyone thinking of leaving:

http://www.united.com/page/article/0...%2Fstatusmatch

If you earn your elite after July 1 - you keep it until jan.31.2013
Old Apr 16, 2011, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
CX will be our option.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Apr 16, 2011 at 7:54 am
Old Apr 16, 2011, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
cx will be our option.
compare apples vs apples, what are the redemption mileage requirements?
Old Apr 16, 2011, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PreferBulkhead
I remembered that
I was at habs/Laffs finale last week.

Asked the Laff supporters if they knew how to spell

Ole,ole ole ole.....^
Old Apr 16, 2011, 7:55 am

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by acysb87
I was at habs/Laffs finale last week.

Asked the Laff supporters if they knew how to spell

Ole,ole ole ole.....^
Appropo that the Lafs lost to the Habs on the final game - putting an end to yet another dismal season here in Toronto!
Old Apr 16, 2011, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by will5404
Could someone enlighten me on the MHD debacle?
I was around for the Mexican Hat Dance but from what I read on it I am guessing they are referring to the mainstream publication of something resulting in its demise.

Long and short, and please correct this summary if I am out to lunch, but the MHD was an amazing mileage run that allowed some very creative routing. It was used fairly extensively by many FTers and there should still be quite a few threads hanging around.

A journalist decided to write a story on this interesting phenomenon and that is where the trouble started. After the article was published, the liberal routing rules were restricted and that was the end of the MHD.

The comparison to the mini-rtw would be that they have been talked about fairly extensively and openly on this board since they came into effect. There have now been some articles in national news outlets on these trips though and now Joe Sixpack and his buddies are now trying to book these trips as well.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 9:31 am

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
Sigh.

There's snow in YWG today. Sigh again.

Go Habs!
Old Apr 16, 2011, 11:06 am

Programs: AC
I have a question... Should AC/AP treat their loyalty customers better, or their shareholders better?

Seems like the debate should be "Should AP be making these changes to help their bottom line" or "Should AP be eating the costs to keep their more loyal customers happy".

In the end, it's kind of frustrating hearing people say
"should I leave? I'm like super pissed of... like... how could they do this to ME??? I'm soooo entitled to this!!! I spend so much of my money and they do this to ME??? maybe I'm going to leave!!! yea, I'm going to leave.... and I'm taking all my friends with me!!!"

If you're pissed, just leave and stop whining. Otherwise, why not debate why they're doing this, rather than how pissed off you are. Geez.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 11:42 am

Programs: Via Preference Privilege, AC*A, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold
All these threads have an interesting dynamic, you have the frustrated people posting (I was probably one at the start of the year with eUpgrades), and you have the schadenfreude type people to mock everyone for collecting/redeeming AP points or even being on FT period (YUL_Around_The_World, SuperMesh).
Old Apr 16, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: AC*SE
I agree with your observation.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 11:54 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
All these threads have an interesting dynamic, you have the frustrated people posting (I was probably one at the start of the year with eUpgrades), and you have the schadenfreude type people to mock everyone for collecting/redeeming AP points or even being on FT period (YUL_Around_The_World, SuperMesh).
^+1
Old Apr 16, 2011, 12:23 pm

Programs: AC
To imply schadenfreude is to imply that I'm amused with other people's misfortune about the situtation. Not sure how you got that from my post, since I basically said to either stop complaing or to talk about why AP is doing this. Schadenfreude would have been more along the lines of "...and that's why WestJet is better, all you AC punks deserve this, hahaha!"

So what if I had status with AC? Would I be a masochist?

If you want to voice frustration, fine, go ahead; just be constructive about it and don't act like you're 10 years old getting your cookie's taken away.

You want to fly in business class? Pay up front. I'm sure AC would value your loyalty then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.