Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

A/P News - Changes to Flt Reward Charts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A/P News - Changes to Flt Reward Charts

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
Duplicate posts- Mod please move this to the existing thread. Thx
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: Hilton Gold Mariott Gold Aeroplan E25K SAS Gold NEXUS
Glad I spend them as fast as I earn them; and glad my primary CC is a TD Aadvantage card, where I do pay 50K for NA Long haul J class but at least they come without $100 + in fees.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: AC*E
This makes me very sad, I've been saving for almost two years to get two asia F class tickets. Now it's out of reach.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: FT
_ _ _ _ AP!! some pretty big jumps. this is a pretty large devaluation. i mean a 25% increase from YVR to YYZ in J........
Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:01 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Well, there goes my #1 reason for sticking to Aeroplan. I got a lot of value out of the relatively cheap Canada-South America reward levels (50K/75K). I was just touting this to a colleague yesterday - I'll now have to tell her to not bother signing up. This, together with the "enhanced" Carrier Administration Charge levels (previously fuel surcharge), signals it is time to redo the math and take another look at Avion.

Business rewards took a hammering. But the real damage is in the Star Alliance rewards chart. Although a few levels, mostly to Asia and the Indian Subcontinent came down from their previously outrageous heights, pretty much EVERYTHING else went up.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:02 am
QNX

After I moved my business from AC, I am moving from AP too.

Good luck to both of them, this is how you treat your loyal customers.. ? The thing is, even if they later reduce the redumption I'm not coming back..
Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: FT
wow now *A 135K to aussi in J. no dif going on ac metal other than fees.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by drdrma
This makes me very sad, I've been saving for almost two years to get two asia F class tickets. Now it's out of reach.
redeem before July 15 then!
Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:10 am

Programs: BA Silver
It was inevitable, I thought. Funny how it comes just after the fuel surcharge is pushed up too, making redemptions less value for money. These AP miles are becoming almost as worthless as the dreaded AirMiles.
I really do wonder what be good way for us as collectors, customers and consumers to show our anger as to how we have been shafted this year.

Another "enhancement"?
Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:12 am

Programs: AC*E
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
redeem before July 15 then!
I would have had enough points in September.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
I didn't see a mention about removing the fuel surcharges....

If this was a Westjet situation sure: they increase fares, AC however nails a fuel surcharge and keeps the base fare the same so.... W.T.F...???

Makes the Aspire card I'm getting look better and better.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Originally Posted by 300rwhp
so I guess this means I need to plan my mini RTW and redeem for it before july 15. To confirm if I book a mini RTW prior to July 15, 2011 and travel some point prior to July 15, 2012 my flight will only cost 120000 pts?

If so I better get planning.
Maybe I'm just cynical but how many want to make a bet seats will be sparse until July 16?
Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:21 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by QNX
After I moved my business from AC, I am moving from AP too.

Good luck to both of them, this is how you treat your loyal customers.. ? The thing is, even if they later reduce the redumption I'm not coming back..
I know it's very frustrating, and I am no AC/Aeroplan apologist, but for me whether they were going to raise the award mileage levels was never a question of "if" but "when".

What I'm shocked at it is how much they raised some levels (almost by 50%).
Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:21 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

Originally Posted by kaylla334
+1 please someone confirm that it is for BOOKINGS made after July 15th *pleasepleaseplease*

I'll bust a proverbial ..... if it's for all travels after July 15th even if I booked last year
The increased levels are for bookings on/after Jul 15; the lowered levels are effective immediately.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: HH-S WS-G
I was going to wait a while for my RTW but now it looks like i have to liquidate right now

Last edited by Polar Man; Apr 15, 2011 at 11:27 am Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.