Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Business Class Upgrade-Help!

Old Apr 8, 2011, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Hi there
I've recently booked 2 tickets on business class using points. A segment in my itinerary is in Economy (Singapore Air- SIN-HKK). I checked Aeroplan site this morning and found one seat in Business class for this flight.
I won't be flying until Jan/2012.
My question is should I call and request to change one of the 2 seats to Business class and wait for another one to become available or just wait until they have 2?
Also, because our flight starts from SIN is in economy (we'll be transferring in HKG to Air Can. on business class to YVR) Could we use the business lounge in Singapore?
Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Call and change one now.

Worst case you flip a coin (ms. mikeyyz and I travel enough that we'd rather one of us have a better seat than neither of us) or swap seats with someone who will appreciate it

Best case another seat will open up!

And you'll be able to go into the lounge (maybe sneak the other person in) if you have a business class ticket.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:15 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
+1. Always grab one seat if it's available.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:39 pm

reward inventory are capacity controlled and decided by the operating airline. seats come and go on a first served basis.

therefore i heed the recommendation of others to take up this seat and if another does come up (no guarantees), take the second at a later date.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Thank you so much for all your suggestions/help. I called Aeroplan to change one ticket to business class. And ten minutes later, I checked Aeroplan site again and another one just became available! Needless to say, I got that one too. So we're set. I guess they only release one seat at a time-strange!
Thanks again. You guys are so great!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.