FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Air Canada Vacations G Booking Class (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1199586-air-canada-vacations-g-booking-class.html)

tragicway Mar 29, 2011 6:40 am

Air Canada Vacations G Booking Class

We booked a vacation with Air Canada Vacations and I got the electronic ticket confirmation and noticed it was G class - I believe that's just Tango, right? Ie, no status miles, only 25% aeroplan miles. Any idea if I can just call AC and get my flight upgraded to T+ at least? When I look online the flights for T+ are still very cheap... It was done through a travel agent - not sure if that complicates things.

kaylla334 Mar 29, 2011 7:23 am

G earns 100% to non-Canada and non-US destinations.

DaveTO Mar 29, 2011 11:16 am

ACV also have a deal where you can buy up to J for $300 or so. Best deal around!

km101 Mar 29, 2011 2:40 pm

Same issue last year

I booked a trip last year through ACV. I have had tickets booked through my work and I was always able to upgrade to a T+ class for a few bucks. NOT with ACV.
ACV cannot upgrade you to a T+ class. I called repeatedly.
AC was unable to as ACV simply block books seats. AC could not help me.

They are 2 entirely different companies.

In the end, I cancelled my YYJ-YYZ portion (in G class) kept my YYZ to cuba portion (J seats, 100% aeroplan miles) and simply booked a new ticket YYJ to YYZ from AC.

I would cancel and only use ACV for the portion of your trip that is outside Canada booked into executive class

tragicway Mar 29, 2011 4:39 pm

Thanks - I should have specified. It's from YYZ-CUN - Mexico, so I assume I'm good? I'm getting 100% status miles? That's my main desire.

I would upgrade to J, but I've got the whole family - two kids 5 and 2. Not really worth the $1200. Unless of course, I just upgraded myself... :) That wouldn't go over well... ha.

flyboy99 Mar 29, 2011 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by tragicway (Post 16124591)
Thanks - I should have specified. It's from YYZ-CUN - Mexico, so I assume I'm good? I'm getting 100% status miles? That's my main desire.

I would upgrade to J, but I've got the whole family - two kids 5 and 2. Not really worth the $1200. Unless of course, I just upgraded myself... :) That wouldn't go over well... ha.

I just did this same trip at the beginning of March. Booked with ACV in G and on same route, earned 100% status on that leg.

Argonaut1000 Nov 30, 2011 10:54 pm

What does "O" earn on Aeroplan (YVR-OGG AirCanada Holidays Economy seat) ?

tcook052 Nov 30, 2011 11:12 pm

According to AP regular but no Q miles:

Aeroplan Miles earned on Tango fares (G, P, E, N, T and K booking classes) and in O booking class (new booking class for travel as of August 28th, 2009 – formerly known as X booking class - for flights within Canada and between Canada and the Continental U.S.A. (including Hawaii)) do not qualify for Air Canada Top Tier status, but are added to your overall Aeroplan Mile balance.

http://www2.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/...anadaVacations

yvr76 Dec 1, 2011 1:01 am

ACV Executive tickets will book in Z class domestically as well, so 100% status miles + COS bonus.

The Lev Dec 1, 2011 7:07 am

Originally Posted by kaylla334 (Post 16121140)
G earns 100% to non-Canada and non-US destinations.

Are you sure? According to the Aeroplan web site it says the following:
For travel on flights between Canada and international locations:

Tango
Booking classes N, G, P, E and A
50% 50% Air Canada Status Miles
+
1 Air Canada Status Flight Segment for each eligible flight segment flown.
(I recently got my tickets for an ACV flight and noted the same G booking class thing - will find out next week when I travel.)

yyjregular Dec 1, 2011 10:45 am

There is an exception for ACV and you do get 100% on a G fare.

mapleg Dec 1, 2011 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by The Lev (Post 17546270)
Are you sure? According to the Aeroplan web site it says the following:
For travel on flights between Canada and international locations:

Tango
Booking classes N, G, P, E and A
50% 50% Air Canada Status Miles
+
1 Air Canada Status Flight Segment for each eligible flight segment flown.
(I recently got my tickets for an ACV flight and noted the same G booking class thing - will find out next week when I travel.)

For sure you get 100% on ACV flights outside of US/Canada--and as others stated if you upgrade to J, you get the full miles bonus for that. Mrs Mapleg and I made such a trip a few months ago and miles posted within a few days of each flight.

yvr76 Dec 6, 2011 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by mapleg (Post 17548791)
For sure you get 100% on ACV flights outside of US/Canada--and as others stated if you upgrade to J, you get the full miles bonus for that. Mrs Mapleg and I made such a trip a few months ago and miles posted within a few days of each flight.

Just keep in mind the COS bonus is only 25% for international routes (which includes Mexico and the Caribbean). I just did YVR YYZ SJU in J from ACV (Z class) and got full status miles across the board, 50% bonus for YVR YYZ, but only 25% for YYZ SJU.