Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Same Day Change Fee/Fare Difference

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2011, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Just had a little argument with the London checkin/ticket agent which I lost regarding same day change fee and fare difference.
I know I have to pay $100 to change my ticket to an earlier or later flight but it does say on my ticket that there is no fare difference costs for day of change at the airport, she charged me $95 dollars which isn't so bad but am I reading the rules wrong?
Old Mar 6, 2011, 4:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
I think they are reading the rules wrong, of course it depends on your fare class. I do it all the time YYZ-YUL they charge the 75.00 + gst if I change at the airport. Thats because I missed my original flight so the free stand by did not apply. On my current NRT return seg, it says same day changes permitted at the airport for a 100.00 fee. No extra add coll or difference will be charged.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 9:34 am

the staff read it wrong.... it should be change fee period.

change fee+fare difference is advance stuff done with AC Res/Ticketing
Old Mar 6, 2011, 10:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I think award tickets its just the change fee.. on manual paid tickets its change fee plus the difference. But the fact is a change fee applies.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I think award tickets its just the change fee.. on manual paid tickets its change fee plus the difference. But the fact is a change fee applies.
for T+ onwards, same day is change fee only
Old Mar 7, 2011, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Same day change fee/fare difference

It seems if I read it correctly I was right and the snooty London ticket agent was wrong, she insisted that was the way it was and it has changed, here is what is on the AC web site:

Departing Flight Toronto (YYZ) To London (LHR) - Tango Plus
Returning Flight London (LHR) To Toronto (YYZ) - Tango Plus

Changes:
Prior to day of departure - Change fee per direction, per passenger, is $250 CAD plus applicable taxes and any additional fare difference.
Day of departure, at the airport - $100 CAD, per passenger, plus applicable taxes (no charge for fare difference) for same-day flights only.
Flights can only be used in sequence from the place of departure specified on the itinerary.

Now who do I call or write to get my $95 back.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 5:45 pm

I'd try calling the reservations call centre first.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by Ramteid
It seems if I read it correctly I was right and the snooty London ticket agent was wrong, she insisted that was the way it was and it has changed, here is what is on the AC web site:

Departing Flight Toronto (YYZ) To London (LHR) - Tango Plus
Returning Flight London (LHR) To Toronto (YYZ) - Tango Plus

Changes:
Prior to day of departure - Change fee per direction, per passenger, is $250 CAD plus applicable taxes and any additional fare difference.
Day of departure, at the airport - $100 CAD, per passenger, plus applicable taxes (no charge for fare difference) for same-day flights only.
Flights can only be used in sequence from the place of departure specified on the itinerary.

Now who do I call or write to get my $95 back.
AC has so many rules no agent can follow them all.
Also SE should be exempt from these same day charges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.