Wiki Posts
Search

March 1.. and no status anymore

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, DL Platinum, AFKL Gold, Qatar Gold
March 1.. and no status anymore

I was so happy and excited to become Elite/*A Gold a year ago, but now after a year I'm surprised that I don't feel that bad about losing it. I did a few RT from Canada to Asia in 2010 but only in First and Business, thanks to US Airways Dividend Miles... So my AC status was useless.

Recently I bought a one-way ticket with Air Canada in January, asked for an upgrade... but there were more than 15 Elite wait-listed for the upgrade. Apparently there were 6 available seats that were taken by 6 SuperElite
However, I was able to burn a SSWU for the YUL-YYZ leg.

Am I the only one here or anyone else lost his status today?
How do you feel about it?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I lost my several years if SE in march 1, 2008 and felt a sense of deep loss, a lump in my throat, and a knot in my chest. It was melodrama at it's finest

I am now back to E and already feel the effects of not being able to ug right away on tpac and have to go on the wait list.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

RIP Paper Certs.

I kept two as future collectibles.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:13 am
c_9

Programs: AC 25K only, he said through tears from the back of the aircraft...
Right there with you. Back to basic after 33 months at Elite.

Can anyone advise if AE send me a new orange card? My old one is long gone, but I think I'll be orange for a couple years now.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:26 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by c_9
Can anyone advise if AE send me a new orange card? My old one is long gone, but I think I'll be orange for a couple years now.
Don't know the answer to your question. But I would continue to use my E card if they don't.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:28 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
I have decided to put my old White Aeroplan card in my wallet.

Need something to swipe at Esso, you know...
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:39 am

Programs: AC*E50, DL*SM, JMB
Originally Posted by c_9
Right there with you. Back to basic after 33 months at Elite.

You can send a request to AE via your AE account and they will send you a new tangerine card assuming the old one you had is lost or not working properly.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:41 am

Programs: AC SE
Back to basic after 6 years of SE...probably a good thing!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:45 am
c_9

Originally Posted by world888traveler
You can send a request to AE via your AE account and they will send you a new tangerine card assuming the old one you had is lost or not working properly.
Thanks, glad to hear it!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by world888traveler
AE doesn't normally send out basic cards when someone loses elite status, assuming either you've kept yours if they ever had one, or you'd just keep using the expired elite version. Since the only time a non-status member would use a card is when shopping at an AE partner, there really is no need to replace the card. It will still function in scanners and swipers...and the merchant will still think you're an elitist!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:13 am

Programs: AC*E50, DL*SM, JMB
Originally Posted by Shareholder
AE doesn't normally send out basic cards when someone loses elite status, assuming either you've kept yours if they ever had one, or you'd just keep using the expired elite version. Since the only time a non-status member would use a card is when shopping at an AE partner, there really is no need to replace the card. It will still function in scanners and swipers...and the merchant will still think you're an elitist!
Shareholder, I was only referring to normal tangerine cards, not to E/SE/P cards
Assuming you lost your tangerine card or the magnetic band does not work at all in merchant's scanners, AE would send you a new one with the same number.
BTW P/E/SE cards do work at any AE merchant stores like normal tangerine card ?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:15 am
c_9

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Agree there's no real need. It's the expiry date that irks me (and could confuse the easily confused).
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:24 am

Back to basic from *E here as well.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, DL Platinum, AFKL Gold, Qatar Gold
So we can keep using the Aeroplan Elite card? They will not send a new orange one? Good!

Actually I am keeping the baggage tag too. One of them, because the second one was destroyed during my last trip...
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:48 am

I went to Basic March 1st 2010. I'm a survivor! I made it through this past 12 months and I've managed nicely. Although in the past 12 months all my flying was done using miles so I flew J and F. Now I have only 30,000 miles so it's back to flying economy.
I have a flight to LAX and it'll be my first time flying economy since about 2007. the LMU cost is about $380 for YYZ-LAX..I may just have to work some overtime and go for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.