Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Works

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2001, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Elite Works

My daughter wants to travel to Australia and spend 6 months as the first step in 3 years of study for a PhD at The University of Southern Australia. The 6 months makes the economy ticket expensive. My recent Aeroplan statement package listed a point sale that included 55,000 points to Aus., so I gave her my Aeroplan number and suggested she try. She used the Elite phone number, was immediately connected to a very helpful agent, got her ticket with a full explanation that she could change dates without charge, but was also told that the available seats on point sale would likely be gone in 2 days. The agent did phone me to confirm my agreement so the whole transaction was very well handled.

------------------
Paperboy
Old Mar 29, 2001, 7:18 pm

Welcome to the board William.

Glad to hear that everything went well with Aeroplan. Aeroplan agents are generally very helpfull and respectfull.

It's a real shame that all areas of AC don't equal the level of profesional service that Aeroplan agents strive for. If so AC would in my opinion be one of the top 5 airlines in the world for customer satisfaction. Unfortunatly complaints are rising against AC and 50% +/- are in the area of customer service!

I must also admit to a few comments I've made in the past regarding AC agents in general and am guilty of forgeting that Aeroplan has always given me great service!

Old Mar 29, 2001, 9:19 pm

Location: from YKF, live SCO; AC*E, KLM FD Gold, Skywards Silver, Hertz #1 Gold
I too can agree that Aeroplan agents have always been very helpful.

I live and work in Kazakhstan and travel back and forth to Canada a few times a year. Every time I have phoned the Aeroplan office to book an upgrade, without fail the agents have been very polite and not once have I ever had difficulty.

The agents were also sure to remind me to call back three days before my return trip to book my upgrade.

Old Mar 30, 2001, 2:21 pm

I also have had nothing but good experience with Elite Aeroplan agents. Too bad it took me three weeks to locate the Elite number. My 2001 package did not arrive, and the 2000 numbers were never answered, and eventually taken out of service.

My total transaction was less than 20 minutes, after being answered in less than 2 minutes.

Too bad ground and in-flight staff don't attend the same customer service training Aeroplan agents do.
Old Mar 30, 2001, 10:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
My understanding is that there is no such person as a (dedicated) Elite Aeroplan agent. Only SuperElites have dedicated agents - the agents for Elite through basic Aeroplan members are one and the same - the only difference being that each level of service from Basic to Elite have different lines to the representatives, with the higher tier "phone numbers" actually being lines with a higher priority in terms of response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.