Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Leaving today on my mini-RTW and thank you!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat

To all the members of FT who have helped, from finding to booking to the recent weather problems, a big THANK YOU!

I only hope that I'll be able to give back in the same way you have helped me! ^

I am leaving today, in the new version of plans, to SFO, then to ZRH (for 7 hours) and HKG (for 30) on LX in F. ^ Returning HKG-ICN-FRA-MUC (12 hours)-YUL-YYC.
In a few hours I'll be eating sushi in the SFO IFL! Sadly, I still can't drink! Although I might have a glass of champagne just for the fun of it!

A question, before I go: would you be interested that I post my Trip Report on the AC board as well. I know where TRs belong, but I think this trip is special and should be shared! What do you think?

jlisi984
Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador & Priority Club Plat, Hhonors Gold, Air Miles Gold
Enjoy the trip! I think most FT members would agree that a mini-rtw indeed merits a 'special' trip report and would be interested in reading it for sure!^
Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:36 am

Programs: AC E50
have a blast !!

Looking forward to reading your trip report !

Enjoy !
Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:38 am

Programs: AC
Have a great time, and enjoy that glass of champagne. Looking forward to reading the trip report. Sampling LX F this summer myself for the first time.

Bon Voyage.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by jlisi984
A question, before I go: would you be interested that I post my Trip Report on the AC board as well. I know where TRs belong, but I think this trip is special and should be shared! What do you think?

jlisi984

Idea: maybe a single mini-RTW / true-RTW thread with links to the real TR in the correct forum? I plan to post my TR for my mini which starts Sunday, so maybe we can get them all in there.

Have a great trip!
Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:46 am

have your homework (trip report) ready! we look forward to reading it soon!
Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:57 am

Have a great trip Jan, look forward to another good TR.

I'm sure most FAs in F will let you sample some champagne; getting a taste for it young never hurt anyone. But a word of advice, no matter how good it is (and some of it is amazing), its never worth suffering a hangover on an airplane. They are just awful.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by rehoult
I'm sure most FAs in F will let you sample some champagne; getting a taste for it young never hurt anyone. But a word of advice, no matter how good it is (and some of it is amazing), its never worth suffering a hangover on an airplane. They are just awful.
I figured that! Nah, I am usually offered alcohol because of my looks (height/maturity looks), and decline.

I just started a mini-RTW trip report thread. Please follow the rules there to simplify things!
Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by jlisi984
In a few hours I'll be eating sushi in the SFO IFL! Sadly, I still can't drink! Although I might have a glass of champagne just for the fun of it!

jlisi984
Have a great trip, Jan!

There´s nothing wrong about trying one (or two) glasses of champagne, maybe one glass per flight. Don´t forget, in Germany and some other European countries you can legally buy and consume beer, wine and champagne at age 16, so don´t worry too much about some odd countries having higher age limit! I was offered wine at age 14 on NWA on a flight departing the US, so everything´s possible.

Looking forward to your trip report! ^
Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, HH G
Enjoy ... will be looking forward to you coming back (soon!) and posting the trip report.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 6:11 am
c_9

Programs: AC 25K only, he said through tears from the back of the aircraft...
Now it's my turn!

I leave today with my partner on our first mini-RTW! I owe it all to this place, and I owe many of you huge debts of gratitude: Thank you!

I look forward to helping others (and learning more myself) here for years to come.

YYZ-YUL-ZRH-IST-BKK-SYD-ICN-NRT-YYZ!
Old Feb 6, 2011, 12:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Originally Posted by c_9
I leave today with my partner on our first mini-RTW! I owe it all to this place, and I owe many of you huge debts of gratitude: Thank you!

I look forward to helping others (and learning more myself) here for years to come.

YYZ-YUL-ZRH-IST-BKK-SYD-ICN-NRT-YYZ!
Have FUN!!!!!!!!

I am off on my third RTW on April 5 - all three in F too!

BTW - the ASIANA F lounge at ICN is awesome!!!!
Old Feb 6, 2011, 12:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE, Goldpassport Platinum, Avis Something, Hertz Gold
Enjoy your mini RTW Jan. I am with others and will be looking forward to your trip report. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.