Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Length of time for Ombud's reply?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2001, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Length of time for Ombud's reply?

I addressed a complaint to the OB last October. Still no response. Anybody have experience with how long it usually takes to get a response from the OB? It's starting to feel like getting a (non-)response from AC.
Old Mar 19, 2001, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
Welcome to the wonderful world of Canadian government agencies!
Old Mar 20, 2001, 4:58 am

I once wrote to the OB office and received a reply quite quickly, but the reply was that my question should fist be addresed to Customer Relations.
Old Mar 20, 2001, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
You can always make a follow-up phone call. Obviously, they don't have their act together or they would at least send every correspondent a card indicating the letter has been received and what the anticipated response time might be for the particular type of complaint. But what would you expect from some guy who used to referee hockey? [No offence, Sparticus, if you are lurking on this forum. Can't compare ref'ing football to hockey.] Also, you should be more clear. I assume you are talking about Bruce Hood, and not AC's own internal Ombudsperson.
Old Mar 20, 2001, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Shareholder: yes, I should have been more clear. I was referring to the internal AC ombud.
Old Mar 21, 2001, 12:48 am

That being the case, you should probably resend the complaint via registered mail, with a cover letter explaining that it has already been sent some time ago, that you expect an acknowledgment of receipt within x business days, and an explanation of the anticipated response or action within x+y business days, and failing that, you will escalate it to the government agency.

Be very specific with dates, time and facts. If you don't recall the precise time or details then say so, but precision and accuracy will help your case in a big way.
Old Mar 21, 2001, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

KH: good suggestion. And, yes, I have every detail re time and events, copies of relevant documents, and all that good stuff. Same as what I sent to the OB. So I guess I'll make copies of everything again and do the registered mail thing as you suggest.

What I was really interested in finding out is whether anyone else had experienced this sort of delay with the AC OB. It feels like the kind of treatment you get from AC HQ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.