Air Canada's Winter Extravelganza

Old Jan 26, 2011, 7:30 am
SYM

Programs: AC SEMM
NA Double Miles List: [every round trip or 2 one way segments]
between...

If one connects in YYZ to get from an eligible destination to an ineligible destination, does the promo apply?
ie I fly YXU-YYZ-BOS RT, do I earn on the YYZ-BOS segments (2 one way segments), or is this a RT YXU-BOS (RT between ineligible cities) and I get nothing?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Can someone please explain the reference to 150% mileage? Are we to understand that in addition to each of these route bonuses we also earn an additional 50% mileage for these flights?
My understanding is that AC/AP is reminding us that we can earn up to 150% miles when be book an Exec. Class/Exec. First fare. Nothing to get excited about.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SYM
between...

If one connects in YYZ to get from an eligible destination to an ineligible destination, does the promo apply?
ie I fly YXU-YYZ-BOS RT, do I earn on the YYZ-BOS segments (2 one way segments), or is this a RT YXU-BOS (RT between ineligible cities) and I get nothing?
Its my understanding that youd get the double miles for the YYZ-BOS roundtrip, which would make sense as the T&C specifically mention "rwo segments".
Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by SYM
between...

It should apply if you are connecting through a Canadian gateway airport.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:46 am
Suspended

Programs: AC*E, PriorityClubPlat, Hertz Gold
To bad it is mostly central and eastern canada. Most of my travels will be to vancouver and edmonton in the comming months. I will have to maximise connections yow yyz!
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:41 am

Yet another sale/offer that has nothing for YYC, and next to nothing for the west coast in general
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: meh
Originally Posted by rehoult
Yet another sale/offer that has nothing for YYC, and next to nothing for the west coast in general
This pattern is getting kind of old for YYC and YEG isn't it?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by igloocoder
This pattern is getting kind of old for YYC and YEG isn't it?
Just a little bit. Sigh.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:34 am

Unfortunate that my many trips to the Caribbean and Western Canada from YYZ are ineligible!
Old Jan 26, 2011, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
The AC site has been corrected (though still a few typos) and now corresponds with the AE site.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
My understanding is that AC/AP is reminding us that we can earn up to 150% miles when be book an Exec. Class/Exec. First fare. Nothing to get excited about.
Gotcha! No brainer...
Old Jan 26, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by slaman
Unfortunate that my many trips to the Caribbean and Western Canada from YYZ are ineligible!
Points promos for Caribbean destinations? in the winter? "Not likely!" as he types from ANU.
--
13F
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rehoult
Asia and Europe are to/from Canadian gateway cities so that includes YVR and YYC. And flights between the three major western cities qualify in either direction, so what's your beef?
Old Feb 3, 2011, 6:44 pm

Programs: no status
Just a few days before the promo started I booked a roundtrip to ZRH, but the return trip is through MUC with YWG-YYZ-ZRH-MUC-YYZ-YWG routing. I am braced for disappointment ...
Old Feb 3, 2011, 7:33 pm

Programs: AC E
Originally Posted by Merlin666
I am braced for disappointment ...
As am I. I'm flying YVR-BRU during the promotion, but fly on LH metal via FRA outbound; AC via YUL inbound. Oh well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.