same day stand by on connections?

Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

same day stand by on connections?

How suicidal is a 75 minutes domestic-transborder connection at YYZ at 7:15am on a friday these days? Nexus and carry-on only of course...

On the 150-ish YUL-YYZ connections that I've had to take at in my life so far, I think that *thinks* 3 were on time :-:

I always try to have at least 2 hours, but this time we wanted to try and catch the 8:30 flight and now I feel very very stupid lol

Can we same-day-standy on the 5:30 jazz flight at all (ticket says you can't same day standy on connections)?

While we're at it, is there any trick to booking online the YUL-YYZ segment the night before the 6-7-8 am flight out of YYZ?

TIA
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:11 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
If your flight into YYZ is on time, 75 minutes is plenty if you have Nexus. Only bottleneck will be security, assuming you are E/SE or an Amex holder, that won't be much of an issue
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:46 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
75m is fine for Nexus/Carry-On, assuming you actually have 75m when you leave the plane. Just hope you don't get nude-o-scoped...

I don't think they check your ticket for continuations past YYZ - same day free standby rules apply for Rapidair.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.