Wiki Posts
Search

Flights not available on this date

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2011, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Flights not available on this date

I tried a search YVR-YYZ outbound on March 24, returning on March 27. Outbound flights are displayed fine. For the return, the site gives the message "flights are not available on this date". Travelocity.ca shows flights just fine.

New slogan: we not only take away your miles for booking on ac.com, we take away your ability to book too!
Old Jan 25, 2011, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Now I am able to select flights, but get an error upon selecting options. Nice.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Now YYZ-YVR flights have disappeared between March 27 and April 1. On March 26, you can only get connecting flights. Is the entire AC fleet going on maintenance? Or perhaps some Arab sheik needs to bring his entire entourage to Vancouver over that period?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is this a tweet ?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:29 pm

I have been looking up flights from Halifax to Winnipeg for the same time period today and it is saying that there are no flights.

Looked up Halifax to Vancouver to see if that would work...it does not...

Called someone to see if they could get the website to work...to see if it was my computer...they could not get it to work as well.

I think the website is having a bad day.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Mauricio23
Now YYZ-YVR flights have disappeared between March 27 and April 1. On March 26, you can only get connecting flights. Is the entire AC fleet going on maintenance? Or perhaps some Arab sheik needs to bring his entire entourage to Vancouver over that period?

they may be running a schedule change. When that happens it sometimes blocks the availability from showing.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

"We are currently experiencing technical issues. If you receive an error message when conducting a flight search, please contact Air Canada Reservations. Our agents will be glad to assist you in selecting from the fares that are available."
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Virgin, Starwood, RBC Awards, Air Miles, OneWorld
Hi there,

I just tried two itineraries: one to EWR next month and the other to YYC in June and both are coming up weird in the AC booking system. I'm guessing there's something up.

Cheers,
PS
Old Jan 25, 2011, 1:27 pm

Programs: AP E, A3 G, SPG G
Originally Posted by Mauricio23
"We are currently experiencing technical issues. If you receive an error message when conducting a flight search, please contact Air Canada Reservations. Our agents will be glad to assist you in selecting from the fares that are available."
Yup, I've been trying to book a flight YYZ-YOW all day. Finally gave up and booked on Porter.

Kudos to AC's IT folks Nothing like have one of your main revenue generators out for the better part of a day.

AClover (not so much right now)
Old Jan 25, 2011, 6:29 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Same problem trying to book YVR-SAN earlier today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.