Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Can thresholds be crossed on segments rather than miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2011, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE MM, Accor Diamond, Marriott Platinum

There has been a significant amount of discussion in recent days (and weeks) about threshold bonuses, mostly centered on the issue of those who crossed a particular threshold in December and were awaiting certificates as reward.

For the first time in my 7 years as Elite, I obtained status this year on segments rather than miles. My 50 segments landed me under 35,000 miles.

I am forced to wonder if there are (and if not, I wonder why not) threshold bonuses for segments? I'm guessing at this point I won't be receiving any additional paper certs from December, despite the fact that I reached "Elite" around December 10.

Does anybody have experience with primarily segment-based frequent flying, and with whether AC/AE give credence to segments for thresholds?
Old Jan 21, 2011, 11:38 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
No, no such program exists...
Old Jan 21, 2011, 11:49 am

Programs: AC 75K, SPG P, CX SL
Nope. As a segment-based elite this is a major issue I have with the new ecert program actually. I'll (was planning on) doing 70 segments this year on AC and I'll barely break the second threshold despite giving them more than $25K in revenue.

I took my first WestJet flights in years last week. Wasn't that bad. Except for security. YVR needs an "old people with fake hips" line.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: MPC Green, AC Tangerine :)
good point, look for this being an enhancement for 2012? i think 2011 is probably a done deal

they can probably figure out a way to actual improve the eU system for passengers like you while 'enhancing' those who don't bring in much revenue

playing devil's advocate maybe AC is deciding they'll make more money focusing just on NA and caring less about the rest of the world, they did win the award for Best Airline in North America (i may be naive here since i have no idea how they're international vs NA revenue/profit breakdown is)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.