Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More wrong info from Aeroplan

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

More wrong info from Aeroplan

Just got off phone with agent who tell me all Select Privileges start mar.1 and not jan.1 took the 50% bonus on the premise i would get them for my jan yyz-cdg flighT and feb.yyz-hkg.Also the goodwill gesture they tell me has nothing to do with aeroplan and that i should contact air canada about it(HE HAS HEARD ABOUT IT BUT HAS BEEN TOLD TO NOT COMMENT ON THE ISSUE).Unreal ill have close to 28k in status miles by 1st week of mar. and get no 50% bonus on them.Plus wont be able to access star all lounge only mll.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:29 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by shootloose
Just got off phone with agent who tell me all Select Privileges start mar.1 and not jan.1 took the 50% bonus on the premise i would get them for my jan yyz-cdg flighT and feb.yyz-hkg......Unreal ill have close to 28k in status miles by 1st week of mar. and get no 50% bonus on them.Plus wont be able to access star all lounge only mll.
I have received my bonus miles already for trips taken this calendar year. The agent was incorrect.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC*E, PriorityClubPlat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by PreferBulkhead
I have received my bonus miles already for trips taken this calendar year. The agent was incorrect.
+1

I have said it before and I will say it again, COMMUNICATIONS at aircan/aeroplan = FAIL
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

i am a new elite member coming from basic and thats the reason he gave me that my two flight in jan and feb wont qualify.He allowed me to change it to eupgrades(but i would definately prefer 50%).I ask him several times if he is sure he talk to his supervisor and he confirmed 50% mar.1/2011 till feb.29/2012 because i didn't qualify before oct.31/2010.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:36 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Aren't you already SE though? Which means you still should get the bonus until Feb 28 for the 2010 year, and the bonus starting March 1 for the 2011 year??
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down

As far as the goodwill gesture has anyone talk to Air Canada about it(agent tells me it has nothing to do with aeroplan)......by the way my kit hasn't been sent out yet.Selected on Jan.3.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Plumber
Aren't you already SE though? Which means you still should get the bonus until Feb 28 for the 2010 year, and the bonus starting March 1 for the 2011 year??
What PreferBulkhead has written is correct and has been discussed numerous times on this forum. Bonus miles and threshold bonuses are based on the CALENDAR YEAR. The aeroplan agent was wrong. Hopefully you can change your options back to bonus miles.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Plumber
Not quite. Bonuses stopped for 2011 flights until selection is made and registered. Once the sweep for bonus miles occurs each weekend, these miles will post. As a SE dropping down to E, my 100% bonus ceased for my flights taken thus far this month but having made my selection on Tuesday I fully expect the 50% bonus points to show up this weekend. These bonus miles do accrue for the full calendar year based on your status as of March 1st. But all flights taken in January and February will qualify.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YEG USER
What PreferBulkhead has written is correct and has been discussed numerous times on this forum. Bonus miles and threshold bonuses are based on the CALENDAR YEAR. The aeroplan agent was wrong. Hopefully you can change your options back to bonus miles.
Unreal,i'll call them back i much prefer the 50% if true it will be about 13k in bonus miles for my two flights......do you guys know if the preferred seats that you have to pay $75 bucks for are free for elite member,i just got off phone with Air Canada reservation and they upgraded me to those seat (@:-)supposely at no cost)
Old Jan 20, 2011, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Not quite. Bonuses stopped for 2011 flights until selection is made and registered. Once the sweep for bonus miles occurs each weekend, these miles will post. As a SE dropping down to E, my 100% bonus ceased for my flights taken thus far this month but having made my selection on Tuesday I fully expect the 50% bonus points to show up this weekend. These bonus miles do accrue for the full calendar year based on your status as of March 1st. But all flights taken in January and February will qualify.
I think he meant for the majority who did their choices in December
Old Jan 20, 2011, 3:08 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE, Goldpassport Platinum, Avis Something, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by shootloose
Unreal,i'll call them back i much prefer the 50% if true it will be about 13k in bonus miles for my two flights......do you guys know if the preferred seats that you have to pay $75 bucks for are free for elite member,i just got off phone with Air Canada reservation and they upgraded me to those seat (@:-)supposely at no cost)
bulkheads are free for elites.. exit rows arn't. did they put you in an exit row seat? if so then go buy a lottery ticket
Old Jan 20, 2011, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by becreative
bulkheads are free for elites.. exit rows arn't.
I am not free - but I am relatively inexpensive!
Old Jan 20, 2011, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by becreative
bulkheads are free for elites.. exit rows arn't. did they put you in an exit row seat? if so then go buy a lottery ticket
no exit rows,called them again and they told me no charge but i found it strange when i went to the webpage it says only free to superelite or latitude elites ..http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...rredseats.html ...........................even[/url] when i go to my booking ref and check seat change on the side it show as $75 seats,the agent told me its just a generic webpage and on my file it no charge.Hopefully i wont be surprised with the extra charge.Seat guru also says no charge.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Back to the 50% Select privilege ,i talk to another aeroplan agent who confirms that because i was basic last year my Select privilege won't come into effect till mar.1 and that i'm getting wrong info on Select privilege starting jan.1 calendar year..........Has any new elite member received bonus miles for this year?By the way the 1st aeroplan agent told me no problem to change to eupgrades so i ask this agent who tell me still shows 50% bonus option......what gives with this company,i'm already sick of them..........i would suggest to any new elite member who chose 50% bonus option to look into it if your planing long haul trip this month or feb.

Last edited by shootloose; Jan 20, 2011 at 3:59 pm
Old Jan 20, 2011, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I can confirm that I became SE in 2008 (qualified in Nov/Dec 2007) and as of Jan 1/08, started getting 100% bonus miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.