Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Memo to AC: align your aeroplan expiration rules "with prevailing industry practices"

Memo to AC: align your aeroplan expiration rules "with prevailing industry practices"

Old Jan 20, 2011, 5:55 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, HH G
Originally Posted by NAJetSet
maybe AE should buy AC
AC is not profitable enough for AE!
Old Jan 20, 2011, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Kidz
i doubt AC can afford AE since AE's market cap is around 3 times greater than AC's!
There is no reason for AE to sell off their company since its so profitable and still growing. My previous post was just to say how diffcult it would be for AC to set up a new FF program if there was an end date to this agreement. Logistically, financially, and practically it doesn't make sense......which probably means it will happen. lol just kidding
Old Jan 22, 2011, 6:12 am

Programs: UA-1K (3MM); AA-Gold (1MM); Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by RCyyz
>Memo to AC: align your aeroplan expiration rules "with prevailing industry practices"

Aeroplan is an independently operated entity. Air Canada does not control nor influence how they choose to enhance their product.
Air Canada does control Aeroplan.

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...rogrammes.html

Aeroplan vice-president corporate strategy and business development Marc Trudeau says........

Air Canada's influence is very significant. They haven't lost control
and it continues on to say

….but that didn't mean our intentions were to do anything in the interests of Aeroplan that was against Air Canada." [Marc]Trudeau says that "for the most part, nothing has changed.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 5:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by Kidz
i doubt AC can afford AE since AE's market cap is around 3 times greater than AC's!
AC wrote a very bad deal, however AP has had to lend AC money in the past when AC is desperate.

AC just blew all the money it got from AP when it was spun off.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 8:22 am

Programs: AE
At least they were able to pay back their loan.

http://www.canadanewswire.com/en/rel.../03/c7977.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.