HNL lounge

Old Mar 14, 01, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

HNL lounge

What's the HNL MLL like?

Any reviews?
Old Mar 14, 01, 7:21 pm

You might be able to find out at The Global Lounge Project. If not, then it's a perfect opportunity for you to update the "Project" when you get back.

[This message has been edited by Ken hAAmer (edited 03-14-2001).]
Old Mar 14, 01, 8:45 pm

I don't think there is a MLL in HNL. My girlfriend was there last summer and mentioned the lack of a MLL in HNL. I beleive you have to use UA RCC or other designated Star Alliance lounge.

I heard AC has to check in with UA, because they don't have their own check in counters.

[This message has been edited by Flying Buffalo (edited 03-14-2001).]
Old Mar 14, 01, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
There is a MLL in HNL, in fact there are two. Both were Empress Clubs, of course. The main one is located in the central lounge court in the lower level of the terminal. The other is a converted cocktail lounge a few gates over from where the SYD, YVR and YYZ flights connect between 11 pm and 1 am. Use the "search" function and you will find several posts talking about these over the past two years.
Old Mar 14, 01, 9:00 pm

And just to add to the HNL lounges . .. they are pretty run down. Personally I would hike over the the UA RCC.

Has anybody used the New Zealand lounge next door to the ML lounge??

Old Mar 14, 01, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond
There is in fact an AC lounge at HNL. It's an old Canadian Airlines facility. I was there back in January. They kindly admitted me (a UA *G who doesn't waste his money on a Red Carpet Club membership), though I don't think that the Canadian Airlines-garbed lounge attendant had ever heard of the Star Alliance before!

It was fine, nothing special, a small self-service bar and some snacks. Decor very similar to my grandparents' old Ft. Lauderdale patio. My girlfriend and I were the only patrons for about an hour until folks started showing up for the HNL-Canada redeyes. Spend some time in the Polynesian fantasy land also known as the HNL basement!

I did peek into the RCC as well. It looked nice and gets good ratings over on the UA board, but you pay for your drinks and it's a bit of a hike from there to the AC gates.
Old Mar 14, 01, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond
My only experience with the NZ HNL lounge was their refusal to admit me during the same trip a couple months ago. I tried NZ before AC as their facility looked a little nicer from the outside, but the attendant (politely) refused me entry. She said that they usually admit *Gs, but not that night because of heavy premium class loads on their own aircraft.
Old Mar 15, 01, 6:25 pm

Programs: AC*E50K; AC*MM; EK Gold; SPG Plat
I've been in the old Empress Lounge near the gates (26,27?)quite a few times and I like it. It's small, which is a problem if there are crowds, but it's cozy. There is a non-self-serve complimentary bar with snacks etc. and the lighting isn't ideal if you want to read. The concierge there has been very helpful on several occasions. It's also convenient to the gates.

I'll be through there in a week or so and I'm going to try the NZ Lounge if I can get in, so I can comparison shop.

Search this Thread