Wiki Posts
Search

HKG *A Lounges for Hot Food

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2011, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E
HKG *A Lounges for Hot Food

I know there is a thread somewhere about this but I can't seem to find it.

Flying out from HKG airport on TG tomorrow morning and was going to hit up the Royal Orchid Lounge beforehand for a hot snack. Anyone been there recently? Still my best bet or is there another *A lounge you'd recommend for the food?

Thanks.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 9:18 pm

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
This may help...

http://www.loungeguide.net/wiki/u/Category:Hong_Kong
Old Jan 17, 2011, 9:22 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM
Originally Posted by Touring
I know there is a thread somewhere about this but I can't seem to find it.

Flying out from HKG airport on TG tomorrow morning and was going to hit up the Royal Orchid Lounge beforehand for a hot snack. Anyone been there recently? Still my best bet or is there another *A lounge you'd recommend for the food?

Thanks.
I'm there 3-4 times a year. The TG lounge is just fine. The food in airport is also good and go to lounge just before the flight cause its a long way from the main duty free shopping area. HKG is like a large canadien shopping mall.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 9:26 pm

I find the food offer at SQ's SKL to be the best of the three *A lounges at HKG. But it is not near the usual TG gates, so allow yourself extra time. It also does not have windows and an on-site toilet. You have to leave the lounge to use the one in the public area. The worst one is UA's RCC.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:26 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
TG lounge is fine but I agree the SQ lounge tops them all for food.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 12:00 am

Programs: AC*E, AS MVPG, AA Gold, PC Plt Amb, SPG, Avis First, National Executive
Another vote for SQ SKL if you're going for the food. The Chinese soup was good and selection is decent for a relatively quiet lounge (can't compare with CX). Do allow extra time as you'll need to take the train to the TG usual gates. SKL is located next to gate 16.

TG lounge is fine and you'll need to head up the escalator. Osim massage chairs are available in TG.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E
Thanks for the replies. Ended up staying at the TG lounge, which was much more conveniently located to the gate. Food was good, nice atmosphere (open air lounge), and 3 gaming systems (!!) if you were inclined.

Reminded once again that Asian airlines' service + lounges >>>>>> North America.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.