Wiki Posts
Search

Double miles YYC-HNL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2001, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Double miles YYC-HNL

Just got off the phone to Aeroplan asking about the double miles bonus for YYC-HNL before February 28th. The agent's response was that this offer only applied to J,C, Y,M booking classes and that the L class I had flown on was ineligible for the bonus. She said she had been asked this yesterday and checked into it .

AC's miles & miles & miles for January/February says nothing about booking class, only "First round trip or first two one way segments".

Has this happened to anyone else? Backseat, did you go on an L class and get the double points? Should I be trying to follow this up with AC?
Old Mar 14, 2001, 3:31 pm

Academic I went via YYZ so I was not eligible for the bonus. I don't remember that fare restriction though I am pretty sure it was any fare.

Do you have one of the Aeroplan newsletters as it would say for sure.

Let us know what happens.
Old Mar 14, 2001, 3:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Never take no for an answer. Ask to speak to a supervisor.

They are clearly mixing things up. The November December newsletter was quite clear and did not mention any fare restrictions either in the text or in the bonus summary listing where they always put the fare restrictions. Promo Code 361.

Old Mar 14, 2001, 3:41 pm
Original Member

Looking at the Jan/Feb 2001 Mile and Mile and Miles from Aeroplan and YOU

"Between Calgary and Honolulu between Dec 10, 2000 and Feb 28, 2001 - First round trip or first two one-way segments - double miles"

Ref code is R361

No mention of fare restrictions. I say you deserve double.
Old Mar 14, 2001, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Thanks all. I did pull the Jan/Feb "Aeroplan and You" and I'll include that and the refernce number when I contact them. I'll post the response I get.

Today's not my lucky day. I'm still waiting for my new Elite package. When I spoke with someone last week, they said they would order a new package. Turns out that wasn't so. The (same) agent I was speaking with today would only promise to put out a trace on the package. Makes me nervous about my LHR trip. next week.

Old Mar 14, 2001, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Academic:
[B]Thanks all. I did pull the Jan/Feb "Aeroplan and You" and I'll include that and the refernce number when I contact them. I'll post the response I get.

Better yet, check page 2 of the Nov/Dec Aeroplan and You (you can refer them to their OWN WEB PAGE) it specifically states "ANY CLASS OF SERVICE". This is in the write-up about 3 new routes. I cannot believe the hassles people are having with Aeroplan!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.