Aeroplan for UA flight

Old Mar 4, 01, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Aeroplan for UA flight

I took a trip to Asia with UA in Jan. 2001, and used my Aeroplan card to collect my FF miles because I didn't want to open a new account with UA. Hey, since they are STAR Alliance partners, I thought that the sharing of codes and FF programs should be efficient!!!!

The thing is this: I checked my Aeroplan account in Feb. and it is still not posted. So, I sent in my boarding pass with a note... Called the Aeroplan customer service (what service???) up a few times but only got the excuse that they are backlogged!!!!

Have anybody experienced similar problems???

PS: I also stayed at Marriott and used my Aeroplan card to collect the points and haven't seen them being posted. Is AC known for this kind of service????

Old Mar 4, 01, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold, B6 Mosaic, HH Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG Gold Amb.
About 3-4 years ago I took a few UA trips and had the miles credited to my Aeroplan account. Even after confirming with the UA reservations agent numerous times that my Aeroplan # was on file, my number still didn't appear on my boarding passes so I had to mail them to the Aeroplan Centre. I never had that problem when travelling on AA and having miles credited to Canadian Plus.
Old Mar 4, 01, 9:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UAL Premex
It just took me 6 weeks top get Star Alliance partner miles credited for a January flight.

Old Mar 5, 01, 8:46 am

Never had a problem with my Aeroplan miles being updated automatically (flights booked on UA) except when changes are made at check-in (i.e. earlier flight).

Cheers
Old Mar 5, 01, 8:56 am
Suspended

I used to fly UA alot. When using your aeroplan account for the miles, make sure your number is printed on the card. If they say it is in the computer, tell them the rules changed last summer, it needs to be printed to have the flights acknowledged. The procedure is "credit 1 carrier" - they will know what this means.

If you have it done this way, your miles will be posted within 72 hours.
Old Mar 5, 01, 9:32 am

Last year's UA flights to asia took up to a month to post to my aeroplan account. Maybe they go by boat?
Old Mar 5, 01, 10:07 am
Original Poster

OK, so after all the responses (Thanks BTW), I guess I did some of the “mistakes” that some of you deemed as no-no’s…

First, I took an earlier flight because I got to the airport earlier than scheduled and they had room on that flight.
Second, I did not ask them to print my AC # on the ticket/boarding pass because I thought STAR Alliance partners were more sophisticated!!!

I guess I have to wait until the “boat” docks before I can see my points!!!! I just think that it is a slow process.
Old Mar 14, 01, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Just want to see if any of you have any ideas on this problem that I'm having...

Just call AC Aeroplan customer service today. As the routine, I had to wait for about 20 min. on the phone before someone answered (besides the new president's message apologizing for their service. Well, instead of apology, I rather have them do a better job)! I asked the lady about the status of my mileage and she said that she doesn’t know anything about them. I am just afraid that they haven’t even yet opened my envelop!

Well, the thing is this. I didn’t know that I had to send in my e-ticket with the boarding passes to get my points redeemed. I thought that the boarding passes were sufficient. Then, the lady said that AC will send back my boarding passes and I have to resend the whole “**** thing” again. I asked her when they would send back my boarding pass, but she has no idea (didn’t surprise me)…the usual waiting game!

Now, have you received points by sending in just your boarding passes or did you send in a copy of your e-ticket, too?

BTW, I tried to call UA to enroll in Mileage Plus and get points from them, but apparently, you only have 45 days to reclaim your points! Man, I’m unlucky with this here… However, I spoke to a CSR after 1 min of waiting with UA (compared to 20 min. on avg with AC!!!)

AC’s customer service (what service??) sucks (pardon my language)
Old Mar 14, 01, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Just want to see if any of you have any ideas on this problem that I'm having...

Just call AC Aeroplan customer service today. As the routine, I had to wait for about 20 min. on the phone before someone answered (besides the new president's message apologizing for their service. Well, instead of apology, I rather have them do a better job)! I asked the lady about the status of my mileage and she said that she doesn’t know anything about them. I am just afraid that they haven’t even yet opened my envelop!

Well, the thing is this. I didn’t know that I had to send in my e-ticket with the boarding passes to get my points redeemed. I thought that the boarding passes were sufficient. Then, the lady said that AC will send back my boarding passes and I have to resend the whole “**** thing” again. I asked her when they would send back my boarding pass, but she has no idea (didn’t surprise me)…the usual waiting game!

Now, have you received points by sending in just your boarding passes or did you send in a copy of your e-ticket, too?

BTW, I tried to call UA to enroll in Mileage Plus and get points from them, but apparently, you only have 45 days to reclaim your points! Man, I’m unlucky with this here… However, I spoke to a CSR after 1 min of waiting with UA (compared to 20 min. on avg with AC!!!)

AC’s customer service (what service??) sucks (pardon my language)

Search this Thread