Wiki Posts
Search

20 inch roller suitcase on a E90

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2011, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP
20 inch roller suitcase on a E90

Would it fit in the overhead bin on a E90? (I got upgraded to J on this flight and I don't think AC would mind me taking this carry-on).

BTW this bag fits easily into overhead bin on larger aircrafts such as 737s.

Thanks.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by g46r
Would it fit in the overhead bin on a E90? (I got upgraded to J on this flight and I don't think AC would mind me taking this carry-on).

BTW this bag fits easily into overhead bin on larger aircrafts such as 737s.

Thanks.
Yes, it does fit into the overhead bins on the E90 (I´ve got a 22" suitcase and have taken it onboard many times), but most likely only if you put it in sideways, do it takes away quite a bit of space.

Also, the overhead bin in C on the left side is smaller, so you would have to make sure to put it into one of the bins on the left side.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: no status
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Also, the overhead bin in C on the left side is smaller, so you would have to make sure to put it into one of the bins on the left side.
Is that port or starboard?
Old Jan 14, 2011, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Merlin666
Is that port or starboard?
:-) Port = left, and port side bins in business are smaller (i.e. purse or jacket). Starboard (right) are the same size all the way down, and are smaller than Airbus bins, but big enough for legal rollaboards length-wise.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
You will need to beware of the FA Dragon who makes you put the second bag under the seat (in J!) because of the limited bin space in J. The starboard bins are the normal size or slightly smaller, but the port sides ones are quite small due to the off-centre* aisle.

(*Notice I spelled "Centre" the approved Canadian way?)
Old Jan 14, 2011, 11:34 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by cam_macleod
:-) Port = left, and port side bins in business are smaller (i.e. purse or jacket). Starboard (right) are the same size all the way down, and are smaller than Airbus bins, but big enough for legal rollaboards length-wise.
Do you have any comparison to the UAX/Shuttle America E70s? They have full (even larger than some mainline planes) sized Starboard side bins in F, then smaller ones going back, but still large enough to fit a full 45" linear carry-on sideways.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
The only thing to be careful of is not putting very much in the outside pockets. The bins will take the case, but you sometimes have to compress it to fit.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: AC S100K (formerly AC*SE), AC 2MM, AMEX Plat, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Academic
The only thing to be careful of is not putting very much in the outside pockets. The bins will take the case, but you sometimes have to compress it to fit.
This is an excellent point to consider!
Old Jan 18, 2011, 6:22 pm

Programs: AC E50K (MM), BA Gold, Marriott Platinum (Lifetime), National Exec
Originally Posted by N1120A
Do you have any comparison to the UAX/Shuttle America E70s? They have full (even larger than some mainline planes) sized Starboard side bins in F, then smaller ones going back, but still large enough to fit a full 45" linear carry-on sideways.
Having flown these many times, I can tell you that the AC equipment is pretty much the same with respect to bin space as the UAX planes.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 6:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Academic
Will the case wreck if you compress it too hard?
Old Jan 18, 2011, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Will the case wreck if you compress it too hard?
IMO as long as the suitcase is <22", it´s quite easy to fit the case into the overhead bins sideways, no need for compressing it, this is true for both Y and C (bin above C/D seats), have done so many times with my 22" rollaboard and no problems at all, and I think my rollaboard is even 1-2" higher than recommended.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.