Major typo on back of Aeroplan Elite Card

Old Mar 13, 01, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
Major typo on back of Aeroplan Elite Card

Doesn't seem to have been a good week for AC's graphic designer. First there was the problem with the short-haul award chart in the 2001/2 kits. And now I have discovered a typo on the back of the Aeroplan Elite card itself. It is the actual heading line for the new phone numbers. Under the logo and following the line of type "Aeroplan Elite Centre/Centre Aeroplan Elite" in the centre, the words "To purchase" appears on the right, then on the next line on the far left side of the card is the word "tickets/". Obviously this latter bit should be on the same line and follow the "To purchase". Ooops! Is this on the SE and Prestiage card too?
Old Mar 13, 01, 4:14 am

It is not a problem for the SE cards because they follow the KISS practice. There is only one number for everything!
Back of the card has basically five lines in much bigger print then I remember on the E card.
1. Title
2. Canada, US etc PH# Fax#
3. International Ph# Fax#
4. All other areas Ph# Fax#
5. E-mail [email protected]
Old Mar 13, 01, 5:25 am
ALW

Prestige cards are fine, the headings line up properly.

Which is funny since they have exactly the same layout you describe, just with different phone numbers!

andrew
Old Mar 13, 01, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good observation Shareholder. And since we are on the subject of the back of this card, I find the graphic layout cluttered and somewhat confusing at first glance.. I do appreciate the bigger text for the phone numbers. Last year's card was murder on these old eyes.
Old Mar 13, 01, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
Yes Airbus, it was the squinting to actually find a res number that tipped me off. On closer observation I noticed there wasn't really even a "Reservations" as might be expected, but the silly "Ticketing" term. What happens if I just want res info and not ticketing? Doesn't seem to be the appropriate term to use. AC, a bit more thought next year, eh?
Old Mar 13, 01, 10:53 am

The French words are fine... "Achat de billets" They are lining up properly.

So is 888-738-xxxx the priority reservation number?

By the way, on the regular reservation line... AC removed "reservation already purchased" from the group of priority line. It was part of "Exective class travel, travel with next 48 hours, etc" on the interactive voice menus... but not any more. So to change a reservation, we have to end up waiting a long long time. Then we will be told to go back to see our TA.

AC wants TAs to handle every paper work and yet pay them only a couple of dollars per ticket sold. They are getting too naive. My travel agent now doesn't really care about AC's ticket and always askes me to call them directly first. Geeze, I'm being pushed around without getting any service.

Luckily I do not need to make changes most of time after ticket purchasing.
Old Mar 13, 01, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The number works fine. I have used it several times this trip to change flights and dates always getting through quickly.
Old Mar 13, 01, 10:04 pm

Still no 2001 Elite box. Tried the past several days to make a new reward booking. Never get though, busy, cut off part way through the IVR tree, I abandon after 10 minutes. But msg from Duscharme indicating service improvements.

So much for the 180 day thing.

Search this Thread