Community
Wiki Posts
Search

who's leaving Aeroplan? Should I?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2011, 7:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CARose
I actually did all of that. Stated I was moving, compiled a PDF file of all my travel from the last year. There is a consolidated status match thread on United, and other Alliance members have been told the same thing.
Here is the link:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...2010-a-23.html

Looks the only way to status match on UA if you're part of the Alliance is thru a corporate match.

The other thing to consider is that you can only status match once. So you need to be careful.
Did you try Delta or another airline outside of *A?
Old Jan 18, 2011, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RCyyz
though using LHR as a hub would be a bit of a downer IMHO.
As long as things are within T5, I don't mind LHR at all.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:12 am

Programs: AC*E, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold
UA do match AC Elite with 1P:

Here is the e-mail I got back from UA when I requested earlier this year:

Hello Mr. xxxxx

We would be happy to consider you for Premier Executive® status through our Elite Status Match promotion. We will upgrade you to Premier Executive status for 90 days from the date of approval. Please be advised that the 90 day timeframe begins immediately once processed. Please contact us 3-5 days prior to when you are ready for the 90-day time period to begin.

Here’s what you’ll need to do to keep that status:
• For Premier Executive, fly 15,000 paid, qualifying miles or 20 segments within the 90-day conditional period.
• Qualifying flights must be operated by United, United Express, Continental or Continental Connection with a United or Continental flight number and credited to the member's Mileage Plus account. Flights operated by United or Continental that have a partner’s codeshare flight number do not qualify. Flights operated by any other airline do not qualify.
• Once you meet the appropriate threshold, you’ll remain a Premier Executive member through January 31, 2012. If you don’t meet the threshold, you’ll return to your previous level of membership.
• You may earn elite status through the Elite Status Match promotion a maximum of one time over the life of your membership.
We wish you success in qualifying for a status match.

It is my pleasure assisting you,
Melissa Forbes
Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:25 am

Programs: AC SE100K, HH G
I would actually consider that a status challenge rather than a match. But much better than the "nothing" reported by some other people.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by tomh009
I would actually consider that a status challenge rather than a match. But much better than the "nothing" reported by some other people.

Probably because I only flew 40k with Aeroplan last year. They may have just 'matched' if I had already done the 50k that UA require for *G.

Most people (if you look in the status match thread) appear to be getting a 'challenge' rather than a straight match.

But the point here is that they DO match / challenge to AC.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:32 am

glenH can i borrow your template?
Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
glenH can i borrow your template?
You mean what I posted above or my original request to them?

No problem either way. Let me know

Glenn
Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
PS, as I have mentioned earlier we have had 3 people with "status match" or Status challenge.

Today I was very excited to get 16 tickets changed from AC yyz-yvr for a hockey team, now booked on West Jet... Naturally an email will follow to Calin
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by GlennH
You mean what I posted above or my original request to them?

No problem either way. Let me know

Glenn
the letter to UA..... mrs ght and i will go UA/CO... the extra savings from not flying AC will prob yank my annual travel mileage through the 50,000 mile threshold
Old Jan 18, 2011, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
the letter to UA..... mrs ght and i will go UA/CO... the extra savings from not flying AC will prob yank my annual travel mileage through the 50,000 mile threshold
You have a PM
Old Jan 18, 2011, 6:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond/ AC Elite/*Gold /Hertz Gold5*/Global Entry-TSA Pre/Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by GlennH
UA do match AC Elite with 1P:

Here is the e-mail I got back from UA when I requested earlier this year:

Hello Mr. xxxxx

We would be happy to consider you for Premier Executive® status through our Elite Status Match promotion. We will upgrade you to Premier Executive status for 90 days from the date of approval. Please be advised that the 90 day timeframe begins immediately once processed. Please contact us 3-5 days prior to when you are ready for the 90-day time period to begin.

Here’s what you’ll need to do to keep that status:
• For Premier Executive, fly 15,000 paid, qualifying miles or 20 segments within the 90-day conditional period.
• Qualifying flights must be operated by United, United Express, Continental or Continental Connection with a United or Continental flight number and credited to the member's Mileage Plus account. Flights operated by United or Continental that have a partner’s codeshare flight number do not qualify. Flights operated by any other airline do not qualify.
• Once you meet the appropriate threshold, you’ll remain a Premier Executive member through January 31, 2012. If you don’t meet the threshold, you’ll return to your previous level of membership.
• You may earn elite status through the Elite Status Match promotion a maximum of one time over the life of your membership.
We wish you success in qualifying for a status match.

It is my pleasure assisting you,
Melissa Forbes
Hi GlennH - Did you actually get this response this year or last? The reason I ask, the status match challenge is actually different this year. And if you're successful, you remain PE until January, 2013.
Here is the language directly from UA's website:

To keep elite status for the balance of the 2011* program year, you will need to complete a specific number of flights operated by United®, United Express®, Continental, Continental Express, Continental Micronesia, or Continental Connection. Flights must be credited to your Mileage Plus account within the 90 day timeframe. The number of flights you must complete depends on the elite level you are matched to:

Mileage Plus Status

Flight Requirements

Premier

Fly 10,000 paid flight miles or 15 flight segments to retain Premier status

Premier Executive

Fly 17,500 paid flight miles or 22 flight segments to retain Premier Executive status

*Customers who meet the flight requirement on or after July 1, 2011, will retain their matched elite status thru January 31, 2013, unless a higher elite level is earned. Visit www.united.com/elite for information on the elite program.

Here is the link:
http://www.united.com/page/article/0...%2Fstatusmatch
Old Jan 18, 2011, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
The reason I ask, the status match challenge is actually different this year. And if you're successful, you remain PE until January, 2013.
Yes it is different as of about 2 weeks ago.
It is now a common United/Continental policy
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...omoCode=TB8230

This makes perfect sense as both programs are merging at the end of this year, and your qualification miles will combine.

All of you guys coming over to the dark side better not ruin my perfect upgrade record to/from YYZ!
Old Jan 18, 2011, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
+1^. Something at least to chew on.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Hi GlennH - Did you actually get this response this year or last? The reason I ask, the status match challenge is actually different this year. And if you're successful, you remain PE until January, 2013.
Here is the language directly from UA's website:

To keep elite status for the balance of the 2011* program year, you will need to complete a specific number of flights operated by United®, United Express®, Continental, Continental Express, Continental Micronesia, or Continental Connection. Flights must be credited to your Mileage Plus account within the 90 day timeframe. The number of flights you must complete depends on the elite level you are matched to:

Mileage Plus Status

Flight Requirements

Premier

Fly 10,000 paid flight miles or 15 flight segments to retain Premier status

Premier Executive

Fly 17,500 paid flight miles or 22 flight segments to retain Premier Executive status

*Customers who meet the flight requirement on or after July 1, 2011, will retain their matched elite status thru January 31, 2013, unless a higher elite level is earned. Visit www.united.com/elite for information on the elite program.

Here is the link:
http://www.united.com/page/article/0...%2Fstatusmatch
Note: Once per lifetime.. Enjoy!
Old Jan 28, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond/ AC Elite/*Gold /Hertz Gold5*/Global Entry-TSA Pre/Starbucks Gold
Closing the loop......

Originally Posted by why fly
Simple just get your Aeroplan statement copy print and email it to United. They will give you/match gold status.
Tell United you want Premier Executive, which is Star Gold with United. It also helps to tell them you are moving to the US and that stops them from worrying about poaching customers from AC.

[email protected]

The other way is to FAX
605-343-4104 att Status match.
I sent a follow up email to United after my status match was denied. After reading some of the replies to my post, I thought I would try one last time. Here is the response I got this week. I think the reason they are no longer offering status match to Alliance members is because of the CO merge. I have one week before my heavy travel starts to decide if I switch to UA the hard way or stay with AP. Here is the reply:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Mrs. xxxx, I would be happy to clarify our Elite Status Match (ESM) promotion for you.

During the 2010 calendar year, the Star Alliance airlines (Air Canada included) were allowed to participate in our ESM promotion. However, this promotion has been changed.

Effective January 1, 2011, the Star Alliance airlines are no longer eligible to participate in our ESM promotion.

Mrs. xxxx, if you hold status in a non-Star Alliance airline, we may be able to match status against that

non-Star Alliance airline.

Regards,

Peter Hansen

Service Director

Mileage Plus

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.