Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MLL – Calgary – NOT WELCOME

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2001, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Black and Platinum all over....
MLL – Calgary – NOT WELCOME

This one takes the topper. Traveling out of B Terminal Calgary, to Vancouver, I attempted to enter the MLL with my J-Class ticket and Elite membership and was DENIED ENTRY! They stated, that despite the lounge being right beside the gate I was departing from AND my status AND J ticket, that the lounge was for ‘international only’. This is the very first I have heard of this, and so I confronted the agent who meekishly stated that this was the policy. I also happened to have my Elite kit with me, which very clearly states that the Terminal B lounge is Domestic/International. No-where in the documentation is there any mention of ones inability to enter a lounge because of its particular ‘classification’!

What WILL Air Canada think of next. What a way more special to recognize their most frequent fliers than by denying them one of the most sought after privileges and comforts of travel. If they continue this kind of blatant disregard and abandonment for their own written policies and guest privileges, all Roots Air will have to do, is show up.
Old Mar 9, 2001, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
A letter of complaint is definitely in order. Be clear and concise, describing the problem and ask for what you feel would be appropriate compensation. It's important that they improve training of the agents and clarify the policy.

This is another example of where the policy stated on paper (and published) is not consistent with what is done in practice. In my mind, this is AC's biggest challenge right now: to offer a consistent product!

Good luck, I hope you receive a positive response.

FewMiles..

------------------
FlyerTalkers' Resources on the Web: http://home.webflyer.com/fewmiles/
Unofficial Guide to AAdvantage: http://home.webflyer.com/fewmiles/AA/
oneworld comparison chart 2001: coming soon
Old Mar 9, 2001, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
This is a very small lounge, having been an Empress Club in its past life. I can understand the reticense about letting those not on International flights use it, since a full J-cabin would fill the limited space. What time of day was this, and was the lounge filled? Also, a J-ticket only permits MLL access in YYZ and YVR, but not elsewhere across the system domestically or in NAmerica. Still, little excuse if you have an Elite card, as you did. I also note in the guide there is now a Transborder MLL on the "other side of the glass" at YYC. Anyone know exactly where? I tried to spot it as I walked down that corridor last night after my flight from YYZ docked at the end of this finger, on the Domestic/International side. I have used the DL Crown Room, but AC's would be a new one. Fly out of here for LAX tonight.
Old Mar 9, 2001, 5:11 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
It is the old DL Crown Room (since DL doesn't fly out of YYC anymore--unless you count Skywest). About half way down on the right in the transborder area.

When flying out of B, the agents have never forbid me to use the MLL reserved for the Frankfurt flight they just STRONGLY recommend that I would not be comfortable and to use the one in A (if there is time). It is only open for a brief time prior to the Frankfurt flight (ie not open all day). They seriously need a good lounge in this area.
Old Mar 9, 2001, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Thanks for the info about the Transborder MLL. I didn't read the plaque, just noticed the ornate door which has not been changed since DL left. Also wasn't aware DL had pulled out of YYC as well as YEG. I guess all the noise made by politicians in the northern city hit the full retreat from Alberta (except for their regional affiliate).
Old Mar 9, 2001, 3:18 pm

I had a similar experience last week with the B concourse domestic MLL. Sign definitely states opeation is 16:00-18:00 for FRA only.

My flight to YUL dparted B20, as did the noon YYZ flight. When I asked a group of agents why it was not open, thay stated that was the way it was, and that hey were not in a position to listen to my complaints. I was requested to leave the secure area, go to ticketing and ask for management type who may listen.

I have noticed an increasing number of AC domestic flights leaving from the B concourse. This lounge should be open. The logistics of clearing security twice to use the A MLL is just not worth it.

At least CP operated a lounge in all councourses where they had operations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.