Wiki Posts
Search

Somebody explain this to me?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2001, 10:50 pm

Programs: AC MM
Hi Commie:

It might have just been as simple as this:

The couple were unable to get two seats together in the coach section of the aircraft, so the agent gave them two seats togethere in the only place that was available - J class.

This makes sense to me. If I had missed out on an upgrade because of this (I am a SuperElite member), I would not have been concerned at all. It makes far more common sense to look after individual humans first, then assign the goodies based on status levels next.

I flew back to Toronto from Zurich at Christmas (on a full plane) - I was given a J class upgrade (booked days ahead of time) and then volunteered to swap seats with a teenager who had busted his leg skiing and was in a cast. The kid was having a hard time fitting into his seat in the coach section of the plane. Most significant observation I have from this was the FA's repeatedly declining my offer, as if to suggest that it was inappropriate. I eventually said "lets all assume we paid the same, now who should sit where based on common sense"?

I still got a J meal (cassarole, anyway)given to me in my coach seat - and had a pleasant yak with the kid's friends on the flight back. The kid apparently quite enjoyed himself.

Let's not be TOO selfish, OK?
Old Mar 7, 2001, 1:40 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Now that's the kind of Christmas story we all love to hear. Thanks Max!

While I have upgraded others (ie strangers), I have never voluntarily gone to the back. One one trip my daughter gave up her J seat to go back and sit with her friend and sent a more mature lady from her group up to enjoy the front cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.