Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Upgrading Myself and Spouse On New System - Both E

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2010, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTP - Aeroplan 50K

Hi all,

I hope this hasn't been answered somewhere, but, "What is the best way to u/g both myself (E) and my wife (E) using the new e-cert system?"

Should I try to u/g myself and nominate her, or is it better for both of us to try and u/g separately ? Is there any difference (aside from which account the e-certs come out of) ?

Thanks,

Singlepoint
Old Dec 31, 2010, 5:03 am

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
Always upgrade the wife first!

Unless you are travelling on different T+ fares (eg. M vs. L), it shouldn't make a difference. If your upgrade doesn't clear before OLCI, you'll both be in the same position for Aerolotto.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 8:31 am

Programs: AC*E
One thing that has not been clear to me, is if credits from both accounts can be drawn upon? i.e., if starting with 25 e-credits each, on an intercontinental flight, one would not be able to upgrade both people on a non-M T+ fare using the credits from a single account (14*2 > 25).

Do you need to make separate reservations, or can credits from both accounts be used on one reservation?

Cheers - happy new year.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by CanadianInLondon
One thing that has not been clear to me, is if credits from both accounts can be drawn upon? i.e., if starting with 25 e-credits each, on an intercontinental flight, one would not be able to upgrade both people on a non-M T+ fare using the credits from a single account (14*2 > 25).

Do you need to make separate reservations, or can credits from both accounts be used on one reservation?
Read this over very carefully from the AC web site:

Travel with another member with eUpgrade Credits
Currently, only one member may sponsor an upgrade per reservation. For instance, if a Super Elite and Prestige member are travelling together on the same booking, it is not possible for the Super Elite member to sponsor an upgrade for the departing flight(s), and for the Prestige member to sponsor an upgrade for the return flight(s).

There is one exception: if the Super Elite member requested an upgrade for only the departing flight and that flight has now been flown, the Prestige member can request an upgrade for the return flight, so long as they are making the request within their applicable booking window.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan...des/howto.html

Looks like a lot of people will be doing reservations on separate PNR's.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 9:55 am

Programs: AC*E
How annoying -- but thanks for the clarification
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:19 am

Programs: no status
So if a group of people are travelling together, and each has their own account with e-upgrades, they would not be able to upgrade their own seat if on a shared reservation? So then they will do separate reservations, and may not be able to be seated together if upgrades don't go through. This sounds very tedious and not well planned for sure. If two Es or Ps are travelling together they should be able to have one reservation and also draw from their individual uprade accounts at the same time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.