Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Ever been "hit on" by an AC employee?

Old Mar 4, 2001, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Somewhere between Quebec City and Victoria I actually got very subtly "hit on" by a MLL agent!

I'm not saying where since it was pretty innocuous, not to mention the fact that I am the wrong sexual orientation for this particular agent.

Being about 4 hours behind schedule, very tired (having travelled all day) I suddenly found myself in one of those long " when is this going to be over" conversations with the agent.He was asking a lot of personal questions that indicated what was going on pretty clearly. I eventually managed to get away and into the lounge. On the way out I wanted to avoid another conversation like that and tried to get out of the lounge walking behind some other poeple.

The bizarre part is the agent called me over and gave me his card with home phone number underlined, as well as his personal email address.

Has this happened to any other FT'ers? If it was a male agent hitting on a woman it would be a definite no-no.

[This message has been edited by terminalcity (edited 03-04-2001).]
Old Mar 4, 2001, 5:48 am
Suspended

I got hit upon by a CP agent last year on a ORD-YOW run. The flight was boring and uneventful, we started chatting etc., and the next thing I remember was him letting me know where he was staying on his layover and wanting to know if I had plans. While I was of the right orientation for him, my partner would definitely have had a problem with an indescretion on my behalf.
Old Mar 4, 2001, 7:25 am

I did so much flying on the YYZ-YOW route back in 1988, that I ended up dating one of the FA's for about three months. She was French, 34, me, 27....she, ahem, taught me a few things in life. (-; Also had dozens of little liquor bottles at home. We used to sit back and get loaded on them...
Old Mar 4, 2001, 9:09 am

Yeah, I have had CP agent give me his number. But we got along well as friends, cause at the time I was in Empress Lounge like twice a week. I will probably give him a call when service excellence stuff arrives. They (CP lounge agents) all liked me a lot, I think the girls called me a "doll" or somesuch There was a time when I might have appreciated interest from ramp boys, but those days are over

terminalcity: Was he cute[?]
Old Mar 4, 2001, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

wow, so this is not so rare. As in life...as in the MLL!

Old Mar 4, 2001, 1:23 pm

No fair! You're keeping me in suspense!!!
Old Mar 4, 2001, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

I have to say my brain is not really wired to say whether or not he was cute!

I do have his card and email: I could exchange it for , say a couple of NA upgrades?

Old Mar 4, 2001, 4:04 pm

Maybe... but I would first need a better description of this guy...
Old Mar 5, 2001, 5:23 am

This happened once to me on a AA flight between ORD-LAX about 12 yrs ago. Again I didn't take a fancy to a male-male relationship but hey it didn't bother me!

Somehow I never thought of AC Employees having positive human emotions, negative ones yes!
Old Mar 5, 2001, 6:58 am

Programs: AA, AC
Originally posted by Canadian:
Somehow I never thought of AC Employees having positive human emotions, negative ones yes!
To AC Employees: I don't think you need waste your time responding to this inflammatory remark. It says much more about the person making the post than it does about AC employees.
Old Mar 5, 2001, 7:44 am

Somehow I never thought of Canadian Employees having positive human emotions, negative ones yes!
Old Mar 5, 2001, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Yes, all AC employees have emotions!

The question for me was whether this kind of is ok in the company-client relationship. FWIW i would say it's not. But maybe I am just a too far gone Canadian anglo-saxan protestant politically correct aeroplan customer? In Europe I imagine this would happen all the time. It's probably a part of their FF plans.
Old Mar 5, 2001, 9:52 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
LOL!
Old Mar 5, 2001, 10:14 am

Programs: AA, AC
In all seriousness, though, I think this sort of conduct by a MLL agent could (and possibly should) result in his dismissal. Personally, I'd rather endure rudeness or a beverage being spilled on me than this.
Old Mar 5, 2001, 10:44 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
It's obviously very unprofessional of the agent to actually go out of his way to give his phone number to terminalcity when he clearly wasn't interested. It's one thing to be flirtatious and friendly, but to take it one step further in the workplace is inappropriate. I would never hit on a customer, and would probably get fired on the spot if I tried it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.