Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Ever been "hit on" by an AC employee?

Ever been "hit on" by an AC employee?

Old Mar 5, 2001, 10:51 am

In fairness though; it can be difficult with Canadians. They are so nice and friendly it is hard to tell when they are or are not interested. Also in Canada it can be hard to tell which team people bat for 'cause everyone acts the same. Perhaps it is easier in countries where people are really flamey, and dress funny.
Old Mar 5, 2001, 11:14 am

Programs: AA, AC
Originally posted by Fly Boy:
In fairness though; it can be difficult with Canadians. They are so nice and friendly it is hard to tell when they are or are not interested.
Exactly. That's why this sort of behaviour is so inappropriate by an employee in a service industry. It's really totally inexcusable.
Old Mar 5, 2001, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally posted by FlyerAl:
It's obviously very unprofessional of the agent to actually go out of his way to give his phone number to terminalcity when he clearly wasn't interested. It's one thing to be flirtatious and friendly, but to take it one step further in the workplace is inappropriate.
FlyerAl, That was my gut reaction...
On the other hand people are essentially emotional cretaures, and perhaps the standard we sometimes expect of corporate employees is a bit extreme in this sense.

It makes me wonder if we are expecting too much from Ac staff to ask them to leave their emotions at home. For example, we always have a better chance at upgrades and the like when the communication between employee and flyer is cordial and friendly rather than technical and by the book.
Old Mar 5, 2001, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

oops...double post

[This message has been edited by terminalcity (edited 03-05-2001).]
Old Mar 5, 2001, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

ooops...double post: human error!

Old Mar 5, 2001, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

double post

Old Mar 5, 2001, 3:40 pm

Originally posted by terminalcity:
...people are essentially emotional cretaures, and perhaps the standard we sometimes expect of corporate employees is a bit extreme in this sense.

...we are expecting too much from Ac staff to ask them to leave their emotions at home. For example, we always have a better chance at upgrades and the like when the communication between employee and flyer is cordial and friendly...
LOL

Are you saying that:

a-MLL Agent has fallen in love with you

or

b-You would smile at this agent etc to get upgrade[?] Now that's what I call "communication"! LMAO

Old Mar 5, 2001, 3:45 pm

[Dupe post. Something strange is afoot with FT today]

[This message has been edited by Fly Boy (edited 03-05-2001).]
Old Mar 5, 2001, 4:06 pm

I believe the easiest thing to do in this situation is to say, "No thanks, I'm straight"... I'm sure the guy must have thought you were Gay or he wouldn't have continued to persue you...

As to the people who say he should be fired, give me a break... this isn't a doctor abusing his power over a patient, or a teacher over a student...

If this had been a female agent giving her card to a male passenger, would people be calling for her resignation? That sounds like homophobia to me....

Obviously this guy has lousy Gaydar, and read you as Gay... Instead of running away, telling him right away probably would have solved the problem...

KevinB
Old Mar 5, 2001, 4:09 pm

I believe the easiest thing to do in this situation is to say, "No thanks, I'm straight"... I'm sure the guy must have thought you were Gay or he wouldn't have continued to persue you...

As to the people who say he should be fired, give me a break... this isn't a doctor abusing his power over a patient, or a teacher over a student...

If this had been a female agent giving her card to a male passenger, would people be calling for her resignation? That sounds like homophobia to me....

Obviously this guy has lousy Gaydar, and read you as Gay... Instead of running away, telling him right away probably would have solved the problem...

KevinB
Old Mar 5, 2001, 4:12 pm

Duplicate... ooops
Old Mar 5, 2001, 4:59 pm

Hey, what about all the propositions we crew members recieve during our careers transversing the skyways?

Granted, in my case, they have fallen off drastically because I'm an older broad now and the youngins know they aren't going to break new ground with my accumalated knowledge of the game so they pass. Maybe the "seniority lines" on my face dampen their passionate impulses. Take your pick.

The "marry me, fly free" enticement has been parked by the older crowd of employees due to fulfillment, discouragement or a lack of faith. It is still alive and thriving with the younger set. Male or female - take your pick. I admit, I still own a T-shirt that has this slogan stenciled on it.

For clarification, I never dated a passenger in my entire career. I did, though, plucked a cute Newfie barender off of George Street and introduced him to life as a mainlander.

Ahh...to be young, gullible and naive again.
Old Mar 5, 2001, 5:01 pm

Hey, what about all the propositions we crew members recieve during our careers transversing the skyways?

Granted, in my case, they have fallen off drastically because I'm an older broad now and the youngins know they aren't going to break new ground with my accumalated knowledge of the game so they pass. Maybe the "seniority lines" on my face dampen their passionate impulses. Take your pick.

The "marry me, fly free" enticement has been parked by the older crowd of employees due to fulfillment, discouragement or a lack of faith. It is still alive and thriving with the younger set. Male or female - take your pick. I admit, I still own a T-shirt that has this slogan stenciled on it.

For clarification, I never dated a passenger in my entire career. I did, though, pluck a cute Newfie barender out of a bar on George Street and introduced him to life as a mainlander with airline perks.

Ahh...to be young, gullible and naive again.
Old Mar 5, 2001, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally posted by Fly Boy:

b-You would smile at this agent etc to get upgrade
Shoot!
I could have turned the situation into an upgrade!
Old Mar 5, 2001, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
Well I don't think the agent should be fired for his actions, nor do I think what he did was horrific. I just think it's very unprofessional of someone to use their place of employment as a tool to pick up people, regardless of their sexual orientation. They represent the company they work for, and it doesn't give a very good image when they make a habit of chasing people down to give them their phone number.

Although I probably would've been flattered if I were in terminalcity's situation. I like it when people flirt with me

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.