Acceptance of old upgrade coupons

Old Mar 5, 2001, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Acceptance of old upgrade coupons

I had a unpleasent experience last Friday at YYZ T2. Returning from a last minute trip I had to fly from YFC to YUL. All late flights were fully booked and I had to buy a J1 fare from YYC to YYZ and an M fare from YYZ to YUL.

My travel agent requested the upgrade portion between YYZ and YUL and having not received my new kit (got it today)I called Aeroplan to enquire if they would accept older coupons and was told that because of the date (March 2nd) and the fact that some kits were still in the mail, the agents would take it easy on this. Also the fact that I was travelling full fare should certainly help.

When I checked in, the gate agent was very helpful and understood the situation and did not request the new coupons and gave me a boarding pass with my J seat confirmed.

Having 90min between my flights in YYZ I entered in the MLL and was immediately stopped by a very unfriendly person who ask for my card and asked for a new upgrade coupon instead.

After explaining the situation to her she said that she would downgrade me right now and give me whatever seat was available in eco class. I didn't beleive it!! There was nothing to do to change her mind.

In that case I think she overeacted and that she could have been more flexible. It was a short 45min flight and there was seats available in J.

I don't think this is the way that AC will make their customer happy.

Any comments or similar stories?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.