Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Upgrading >1 passenger on same file with their own ecredits - not possible

Old Dec 26, 10, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Fairmont President Club Platinum

We had myself, my wife, and my daughter, ticketed and on the same file for Ottawa - Honolulu flights, and a separate file for Kona - Ottawa flights.

The flights were for March break. The tickets were latitude fares.

I found out, from the aircanada.ca web site, and also from the AC telephone reservations agent, then the we could not make an upgrade request on any of the flights - until we separated each of our bookings into 3 separate files (for each direction). Then we could make an upgrade request for each of the 3 of us.

If they were 2 of us on one file - I believe that we could have upgraded both - but only with ecredits from one passenger's account - as a primary passenger, and as a companion.

If I tried to upgrade all 3 of us on one file, then the third passenger would have been listed as a nominee. However, in that scenario, one could only upgrade (or make the upgrade request) within 1 week of departure, for a latitude fare.
Old Dec 26, 10, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

more and more complicated,IMO
Old Dec 26, 10, 10:36 am

what da heck?!

but i guess, the old system you are only allowed one companion too (but subject to the discretion of the GA/check in agent - i guess?)

Search this Thread