Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How to secure "valid routing" for MR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2010, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AC SE, WJ Gold

This may seem like a dumb question ...

If I am in Expertflyer and see a valid routing on a fare, how do I get that routing?? The websites for most of the airlines will give you the "easiest" routing, or one with the least number of connections. Any help??
Old Dec 24, 2010, 3:42 pm

Programs: AC E50k, Hilton HHonors, Novotel Aclub
Call AC Reservations directly and spoon feed them the flight numbers you want. There's no charge to book directly with an agent.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AC, VIPorter, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond
Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com to find the flights you want and expedia/orbitz/etc. if the airline's website won't book it. Some airline websites, like UA's, are pretty good if you do it as a multi-city search. On the other hand, multi-city on AC's website will tend to price it as separate segments (separate fares) rather than 1 fare with connections.

Sometimes ITA will let you find valid itineraries which the airlines likely didn't intend. For example, my favourite this year was AUS-DEN-YVR-YOW (4102 miles vs. 1632 miles for the more direct AUS-ORD-YOW). It worked on an AC ticket because the first 2 legs on UA had AC codeshare flight numbers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.