If you ever need assistance when in Ottawa

Old Dec 24, 10, 11:30 am
Original Poster

If you ever need assistance when in Ottawa

Well I have thought about ths for a while and decided since Andrew can make time to help out when he can why can't I.I work in Ottawa as a lead station attendent on the ramp.If you ever need assistance with anything such as looking for a lost bag in the storage area,looking for lost article left on the plane or helping out with a fragile item or anything else please let me know and I do my best to help you out.Just remember I don't work everyday so not always going to be there to assist you.
Old Dec 24, 10, 11:41 am

Programs: 50K
Originally Posted by derk99 View Post
Well I have thought about ths for a while and decided since Andrew can make time to help out when he can why can't I.I work in Ottawa as a lead station attendent on the ramp.If you ever need assistance with anything such as looking for a lost bag in the storage area,looking for lost article left on the plane or helping out with a fragile item or anything else please let me know and I do my best to help you out.Just remember I don't work everyday so not always going to be there to assist you.
Thanks Derk ... that's a really great thing to offer. Best of the season to you!
Old Dec 24, 10, 11:49 am

Programs: AC*SE, Fairmont Platinum
A very kind offer Derk. I'm sure you'll find we're more than willing to take you up on it :-)

Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 24, 10, 12:17 pm

Programs: AC E75
I would hope that all employees try to be as helpful as AY all the time. The only thing I'd caution you about is 'representing' your employer on a forum like this without having authorization.

There was a helpful AE agent on here for quite some time who Flyertalkers thought was increditbly helpful to them...AE didn't agree and as I understand it fired him for being too 'helpful'. AE apparently didn't like him helping people navigating the edges of the rules.

I wouldn't want to see you get in trouble. Otherwise, thanks for the offer and hope to run into you there...I'm relocating YZF-YOW next week.
Old Dec 24, 10, 12:19 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Derk, thanks for the offer.
Old Dec 24, 10, 12:26 pm

Programs: AE, SPG, HH
Cheers mate!
Old Dec 24, 10, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good job Derk! Maybe I'll flip you a pm when I come throught the airport to meet you.

Originally Posted by YZF_Elite
I would hope that all employees try to be as helpful as AY all the time. The only thing I'd caution you about is 'representing' your employer on a forum like this without having authorization.

There was a helpful AE agent on here for quite some time who Flyertalkers thought was increditbly helpful to them...AE didn't agree and as I understand it fired him for being too 'helpful'. AE apparently didn't like him helping people navigating the edges of the rules.
Not quite. I don't think the company had a problem with the fact that he was helpful wherever / whenever possible.

But he went overboard on a number of occassions by leaking out what was still company classified / embargoed information. That's why he was fired.

Search this Thread