4 different Bizo Fare Buckets!!!???

Old Dec 22, 10, 3:45 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: YYZ
Posts: 900
4 different Bizo Fare Buckets!!!???

Did a search and couldn't find any details so thought I would post my findings. There are now 4 different fare buckets for AC Bizo! When did this happen?

Have had some good 2-4-1 deals from Amex when they allow booking the discount C fare but that is now 2nd on the list and it really isn't much of a discount at all...
yyz-kin is offline  
Old Dec 22, 10, 3:48 pm
  #2  
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: FRA / YEG
Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 11,489
Originally Posted by yyz-kin View Post
Did a search and couldn't find any details so thought I would post my findings. There are now 4 different fare buckets for AC Bizo! When did this happen?

Have had some good 2-4-1 deals from Amex when they allow booking the discount C fare but that is now 2nd on the list and it really isn't much of a discount at all...
There have always been 3-4 fare buckets, there also was a reallignment of fare buckets a while ago to match the *A booking classes.

A Z fare now often is less than half the price of a fully flexible C ticket.
Jasper2009 is offline  
Old Dec 22, 10, 3:54 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: YXE
Posts: 2,950
AC seems to have been more aggressive in actually selling J with the new CEO.

Better to accept even half or 1/3rd the full-J fare, than to simply not sell the seats and have freeloaders expect them to be given away for free.
pitz is offline  
Old Dec 22, 10, 4:39 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: YYZ
Posts: 1,225
Originally Posted by pitz View Post
AC seems to have been more aggressive in actually selling J with the new CEO.

Better to accept even half or 1/3rd the full-J fare, than to simply not sell the seats and have freeloaders expect them to be given away for free.
be careful who you call a freeloader, almost for free freeloader!
mtensioners is offline  
Old Dec 22, 10, 6:07 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Programs: Via Preference Privilege, AC*A, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold
Posts: 1,333
Originally Posted by pitz View Post
AC seems to have been more aggressive in actually selling J with the new CEO.

Better to accept even half or 1/3rd the full-J fare, than to simply not sell the seats and have freeloaders expect them to be given away for free.
Given flexibility is of little value to many travellers, there's no reason not to price them in the same fashion as Y fares IMO.

As for free loaders, people upgrade on many different fare classes. I think AC be pretty happy about selling an Exec seat for a TP M fare or Lat fare on most routes.
will5404 is offline  
Old Dec 22, 10, 6:09 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: PHL, NYC, DC
Posts: 9,484
Z D C and J.
global happy traveller is offline  
Old Dec 22, 10, 7:24 pm
  #7  
alc
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,514
Will this post help?

FAQ AC Booking classes
alc is offline  
Old Dec 22, 10, 11:49 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 13,144
Originally Posted by Jasper2009 View Post
Z fare now often is less than half the price of a fully flexible C ticket.
And often cheaper than latitude as well.
Rejuvenated is offline  
Old Dec 23, 10, 8:23 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: YYZ
Posts: 900
Z is unbelievably cheap when compared to Full Fare J. It is amazing how in some bookings it is only a couple hundred more than Tango Plus and significantly less than Lat.
yyz-kin is offline  
Old Dec 23, 10, 8:25 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Left
Programs: FT
Posts: 7,285
Originally Posted by yyz-kin View Post
Z is unbelievably cheap when compared to Full Fare J. It is amazing how in some bookings it is only a couple hundred more than Tango Plus and significantly less than Lat.
and it has worked to have me nibble a few times on the same and probably prevent people from using certs...
mkjr is offline  
Old Dec 23, 10, 10:31 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: YYZ
Posts: 1,225
Originally Posted by mkjr View Post
and it has worked to have me nibble a few times on the same and probably prevent people from using certs...
did this alot this year, enabled me to make 100,000 miles plus. I have many blue certs left 9 to be exact. Why upgrade when you can buy the seat for a couple hundred more on a TATL.
mtensioners is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread