Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

First class lounge in Frankfurt when flying executive first?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2010, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IC Royal platinum Ambassador, LH Senator, Hyatt Platinum

Does anyone know if you can access the first class lounge in Frankfurt (Not the senator lounge) when flying AC executive first?
I am not sure if this is considered 'first class' or 'business class' for the purpose of entering the lounge. I am suspecting the answer is no but would be curious to know if anyone pulled it off because the boarding card says executive first.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 9:29 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by samere99
Does anyone know if you can access the first class lounge in Frankfurt (Not the senator lounge) when flying AC executive first?
I am not sure if this is considered 'first class' or 'business class' for the purpose of entering the lounge. I am suspecting the answer is no but would be curious to know if anyone pulled it off because the boarding card says executive first.
No you can't. AC does not have F class. You can access the LH Business Lounges when flying AC J or alternatively if you have *G (which your profile indicates you do) then you can also access LH SEN lounges.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by payam81
No you can't. AC does not have F class. You can access the LH Business Lounges when flying AC J or alternatively if you have *G then you can also access LH SEN lounges.
Unfortunately, neither of those two are worth visiting, really. Was at FRA SEN lounge last Monday, and it was so crowded that we got up and left after only 15 mins. I suppose this does vary by time of day.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by okazon69
Unfortunately, neither of those two are worth visiting, really. Was at FRA SEN lounge last Monday, and it was so crowded that we got up and left after only 15 mins. I suppose this does vary by time of day.
I completely agree, but they're at least good for rehydration and some (very) light snacking and are still light years better than most RCCs.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

first class lounge

Originally Posted by okazon69
Yeah, I can't handle both lounges so I was hoping that I could get into the first class lounge. I don't find the SEN lounge much better than the business class lounge (5% improvement?).

Is the first class lounge actually any better than those two? I haven't been in there before. Don't really have any way to get in it though. AC has no first class and Lufthansa (to YYC) also has no first class so it's really a moot point.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 9:48 pm

Yeah, I can't handle both lounges so I was hoping that I could get into the first class lounge. I don't find the SEN lounge much better than the business class lounge (5% improvement?).

Is the first class lounge actually any better than those two? I haven't been in there before. Don't really have any way to get in it though. AC has no first class and Lufthansa (to YYC) also has no first class so it's really a moot point.
You could aim for HON.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum

Just to clarify: Even if AC had a First Class cabin, you wouldn´t get access to the First Class Lounge in FRA/MUC as this is only for F pax on LH/LX operated flights.

Officially First class pax travelling on other *A carriers get access to the SEN lounges (designated *A F lounge), while C pax (incl. AC Exec. First) get access to the business class lounge.

BTW, LH will be offering F on the FRA-YYC route starting next year.
And yes, the LH FCL is MUCH better than any SEN/C lounge. LH FCL/FCT offers a sit down restaurant, extensive buffet and bar, personal assistants, sometimes ride to the plane in car (depending on which lounge you use), quiet, peaceful atmosphere, excellent service, pretty much the opposite experience of the SEN lounge
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

HON

Originally Posted by payam81
You could aim for HON.
Yeah, SEN is 100k miles while HON is 600K in 2 years. I hope I don't reach HON actually, that only means I live in planes.

If only they made it more reasonable like 150K for HON in 1 year.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Just to clarify: Even if AC had a First Class cabin, you wouldn´t get access to the First Class Lounge in FRA/MUC as this is only for F pax on LH/LX operated flights.

Officially First class pax travelling on other *A carriers get access to the SEN lounges (designated *A F lounge), while C pax (incl. AC Exec. First) get access to the business class lounge.

And yes, the LH FCL is MUCH better than any SEN/C lounge. LH FCL/FCT offers a sit down restaurant, extensive buffet and bar, personal assistants, sometimes ride to the plane in car (depending on which lounge you use), quiet, peaceful atmosphere, excellent service, pretty much the opposite experience of the SEN lounge

I am glad they will be offering F on that route. Do you know if it will be the A380? I actually prefer AC J to LH F but I am sure A380 will change that. I have some upgrade vouchers that I will save for that.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am glad they will be offering F on that route. Do you know if it will be the A380? I actually prefer AC J to LH F but I am sure A380 will change that. I have some upgrade vouchers that I will save for that.
You must be kidding.

It will continue to be a 343, they´ll be using the 3 cabin config instead of a 2 cabin config. Oddly enough LH seems to have dropped F on the FRA-YYZ route, though I don´t care too much.

LH is currenty blocking F awards on the 380 except for SENs/HONs, so I´m not too excited about LH getting more 380s.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:00 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
They were offering it this year, until they discontinued it for winter. They've offered it in years past, as well.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ylwae
They were offering it this year, until they discontinued it for winter. They've offered it in years past, as well.
I wasn´t aware of that. The only LH F routes I knew about were FRA-YVR, DUS-YYZ, FRA-YYZ and MUC-YUL, most of them operated seasonally.

FRA-YYZ doesn´t seem to offer F next summer, does it?
Old Dec 19, 2010, 1:14 am
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
LH SEN lounges aren't much to look at, but they do have some of the most extensive food selections of all European and North American *Gold lounges I've seen. My experience in LH SEN lounges food-wise is much better than on OS, SK, LX, UA, TK, OU and AC. On my last visit through a SEN lounge in FRA, there were frankfurters, big pretzels, a pasta station, salad bar and hot potato wedges... admittedly not great, but certainly better than the limited cold offerings I've seen at most other *lounges in Europe (and North America).
Old Dec 19, 2010, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jbb
LH SEN lounges aren't much to look at, but they do have some of the most extensive food selections of all European and North American *Gold lounges I've seen. My experience in LH SEN lounges food-wise is much better than on OS, SK, LX, UA, TK, OU and AC. On my last visit through a SEN lounge in FRA, there were frankfurters, big pretzels, a pasta station, salad bar and hot potato wedges... admittedly not great, but certainly better than the limited cold offerings I've seen at most other *lounges in Europe (and North America).
You´re right, IMO the biggest problem is that the SEN lounges are pretty overcrowded most of the time.

Apart from that they´re pretty decent, but nothing to write home about. Also, the drinks offering is pretty good, variety of liqour and drinkable wine and sparkling wine (if you ask nicely they´ll even open a bottle of champagne for you at some lounges. )
Old Dec 19, 2010, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AC names her business class “executive first”
I am glad they will be offering F on that route. Do you know if it will be the A380?
Routes like FRA-YYC vv does not command the demand for the A380.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.