Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Weather forces cancellation of several Air Canada London flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weather forces cancellation of several Air Canada London flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2010, 5:02 pm

my family tried a new (great approach to London now).....do FRA or MUC then to LCY!
Old Dec 21, 2010, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by 2MM_Guy
There were so many priceless quotes that I stopped cutting and pasting.......

The real answer - bunch of bozos running a a supposedly world-class airport (or at least a mission critical resource).
I dont know if the new taxes are restricted to ex-UK travel or also apply to transit pax, but between these additional taxes and the environmental levy that Germany will apparently be adding in the new year, you've got to question the wisdom behind AC's decision to use LHR and FRA as major transit points. We're basically sending millions of hard earned Canadian dollars into the European economy/black hole.

On a more related note, will the resumption of service allow AC to use its unused slots on Dec 25. I know the 24th Dec AC 888 (YOW-LHR) and the 23.05 departure from YYZ were cancelled around a month ago. Those slots presumably still belong to AC, so will AC be putting them to use to move stranded customers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.