Aeroplan website always down

Old Jan 5, 11, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I am trying to book 3 tickets to LGA from YYZ and the surcharges amount to $492, what gives??? The taxes on a REV ticket to LGA is only $124 which amounts to $372.

Aeroplan:

Fuel Surcharge $54.00
Canada Goods And Service Tax $4.06
NAV Canada - Air Navigation Services $15.00
U.S Agriculture Fee $5.00
U.S Immigration User Fee $7.00
Canada Domestic/International Airport Improvement Fee $25.00
Canada Harmonized Sales Tax $3.25 U.S.
International Transportation Tax $32.40
Canada Domestic/International Air Travel Security Charge $12.10
U.S. Passenger Safety Fee $2.50
U.S Passenger Facility Charge $4.50
Total airport taxes, fees and surcharges per passenger $164.81
AIR CANADA REVENUE TICKET CHARGES:

Surcharges NAV 15.00
Taxes, Fees and Charges
Canada Airport Improvement Fee SQ 25.00
U.S.A Transportation Tax US 32.42
U.S Agriculture Fee XA 4.97
Air Travellers Security Charge (ATSC) CA 12.10
U.S Passenger Facility Charge XF 4.48
Canada Harmonized Sales Tax (GST/HST #10009-2287 RT0001) RC 3.25
Canada Goods and Services Tax (GST/HST #10009-2287 RT0001) XG 17.66
September 11 Security Fee AY 2.49
U.S.A Immigration User Fee XY 6.96
TOTAL : $124.00

Last edited by djjaguar64; Jan 5, 11 at 11:24 am
Old Jan 5, 11, 11:58 am

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by djjaguar64 View Post
I am trying to book 3 tickets to LGA from YYZ and the surcharges amount to $492, what gives??? The taxes on a REV ticket to LGA is only $124 which amounts to $372.
Isn't fuel surcharge included in the base fare for transborder tickets? That might be a big chunk of it.
Old Jan 5, 11, 5:31 pm

For those who are still having problems with logging in let me tell you the lengths we had to go to in order to clear up our problems.

First off Kudos to Ben who is a lead in YVR at AP customer service. I am convinced that but for him I would still be arguing with web support. He went above and beyond to get dh's and my accounts fixed yesterday.

As I outlined in an earlier post I was attempting to book both a hotel reward and flight and was attempting to do so on Monday. I had the misfortune of contacting web support no less than 7 times over the course of 3 days and was constantly having our acct's "reset" and was sent emails as to how to get new pins(which is no different that the recover your pin feature on the website). Everytime I would call back to explain that the recover pin/emails wouldnt work I was given different answers as to what the problem was including being told "I have no idea how to fix this". At one point yesterday out of pure frustration I asked whether I would be unable to access my account indefinitely and was told" I dont know". I was told that it was my browser, (added another still didnt work), my computer(tried on a friends who could get into her account....still didnt work), the website(after many here were getting back in), I must have "changed " something with my account(I didnt). During my last call directly with web support the rep told me that "the website was working and he couldnt fix it so I should call customer service(the regular AP number) so they could give me a temporary PIN. Im really glad I am self employed because by this point I had spent about 5 hours over the earlier 2 days trying to sort this out(esp with my on hold time). I explained to the rep that they were web support and that AP general couldnt fix this problem but he insisted so I of course call AP. As expected the AP rep tells me there is nothing she can do for me and I should once again call web support. I insist on speaking with a supervisor and fortunately I got Ben who was quite empathetic to the run around I had been getting. Ben called web support with me and had the "opportunity" of listening to the web support person tell him and I that AP "could" provide me with a temp number(and she told him that when they had a problem "they couldnt fix" they were "trained to give the customer the regular AP number"). He explained very patiently to her that she was going to need to fix our acct's and that AP books flights and has no access to the web pin numbers and no way of fixing our acct's. We spent almost 2 hours on a conference call getting our accounts straightened out. I am convinced that but for his intervention I would still be going back and forth on this merry-go-round.

Last edited by Legalbee; Jan 5, 11 at 5:37 pm
Old Jan 10, 11, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Well, I can confirm that the problem with the Aeroplan website seems to be an issue with Bell. Like everyone else, I've had lots of problems getting to the Aeroplan and Aeroplan e-store websites over the last several weeks. Keep getting the message:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
Bells provides the internet service into my home. So I accessed my neighbor's Linksys connection (not password protected). I'm not sure who is his service provider, but accessed Aeroplan e-store website immediately. After I made my reservation, switched back to Bell, and sure enough, can't access Aeroplan anymore!
Old Jan 10, 11, 9:42 am

Programs: On Sabbatical, BA Bronze
Sounds DNS related. If you're familiar with this sort of stuff, try setting yours to Google's or something (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) and try again.

And aeroplan e-store? You buying toasters now MG?

Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
Well, I can confirm that the problem with the Aeroplan website seems to be an issue with Bell. Like everyone else, I've had lots of problems getting to the Aeroplan and Aeroplan e-store websites over the last several weeks. Keep getting the message:

Bells provides the internet service into my home. So I accessed my neighbor's Linksys connection (not password protected). I'm not sure who is his service provider, but accessed Aeroplan e-store website immediately. After I made my reservation, switched back to Bell, and sure enough, can't access Aeroplan anymore!
Old Jan 10, 11, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by YYZ_TVGuy View Post
Sounds DNS related. If you're familiar with this sort of stuff, try setting yours to Google's or something (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) and try again.

And aeroplan e-store? You buying toasters now MG?
Nope. Making Starwood reservations! Yes, points rarely post on their own, so I keep a spreadsheet to follow up. I've earned almost 20K miles so far through estore just from making reservations. And sometimes, after points have been manually credited, they do post on their own 5-6 months later, so I end up double dipping!

Sorry, know nothing about DNS.
Old Jan 10, 11, 10:15 am

Programs: On Sabbatical, BA Bronze
Nope. Making Starwood reservations! Yes, points rarely post on their own, so I keep a spreadsheet to follow up. I've earned almost 20K miles so far through estore just from making reservations. And sometimes, after points have been manually credited, they do post on their own 5-6 months later, so I end up double dipping!

Sorry, know nothing about DNS.
Suggestion PMed
Old Jan 10, 11, 11:25 am

Programs: *G
I have had success in the last couple of days accessing the AP website thru the link at the bottom of ac.com. Initially I get a google message to try searching for "aeroplan language", and if I do that and then click on the link for English, presto the site works.

But I also have a neighbour with an unsecured wireless link, so I must try that - you are full of good ideas, MG!
Old Jan 10, 11, 11:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
at some point you would think AP would care that its web site is a problem...
Funny how I can access many web sites without problems however AP is a problem 50% of the time.
Old Jan 10, 11, 12:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG, Alaska, Avios
I have a lot of problems at home trying to connect to ap. Thankfully at work, never. Both with Bell too.
Old Jan 10, 11, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K.
Interesting. Mom had trouble for a few days accessing AE but I didn't. We're both on Bell Sympatico (but in different cities).

AE has been painfully slow for me today from work though. Other sites are OK.
Old Jan 11, 11, 11:17 am

Programs: *G
Well, I can confirm that the problem with the Aeroplan website seems to be an issue with Bell.

Great suggestion, MG - I signed in through my neighbour's unsecured wireless and the Aeroplan website access was no problem. So that's my solution!
Old Jan 11, 11, 12:23 pm
Cam

Programs: ACMM, Hilton Diamond, IEEE, PTC, CPS, CSBC, USBI
Originally Posted by RCyyz View Post
Interesting. Mom had trouble for a few days accessing AE but I didn't. We're both on Bell Sympatico (but in different cities).

AE has been painfully slow for me today from work though. Other sites are OK.
Believe me AP site problems are every bit as bad, if not worse, with Shaw who is my ISP on the west coast.
Old Jan 11, 11, 12:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I don't think it has anything to do with your isp. I have the same issues at home and at work.

I've spent the last hour trying to book and it wont let me. I'll get multiple options, select my itinerary and then it will kick me out. I search again and there are NO flights available for 2 out of 3 legs. This is after having at least 10 options 5 minutes earlier. The last time I selected my 3 legs and then it brought me to a conf screen with just the last leg as a one way flight.

I finally know what I want so I'm going to keep trying but this is really frustrating.
Old Jan 11, 11, 12:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Interesting, not only are my first two legs not available at all again - but now there are no direct flights available for YYC - YOW on the last leg. There is something very screwed up in their system since I had several direct flights to choose from earlier.

Search this Thread