FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Aeroplan website always down (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1160828-aeroplan-website-always-down.html)

llebeer Jan 1, 2011 7:15 pm

I often have problems getting onto the site as well (Bell is my ISP). In the past few months I've been able to get on occasionally with IE but NEVER with FF. HOWEVER - today I've been able to get onto it with FF! Finally!

I agree it's probably a caching / DNS issue. Whatever it is, they need to sort it out ASAP - so irritating.

llebeer Jan 2, 2011 9:33 pm

......aaaaaaaaand today i can't get on again.
:mad::mad::mad:

PreferBulkhead Jan 3, 2011 5:10 am

07h10 01-03-2011 - no issues here

tomh009 Jan 3, 2011 5:14 am

Originally Posted by llebeer (Post 15563429)
I often have problems getting onto the site as well (Bell is my ISP). In the past few months I've been able to get on occasionally with IE but NEVER with FF. HOWEVER - today I've been able to get onto it with FF! Finally!

I agree it's probably a caching / DNS issue. Whatever it is, they need to sort it out ASAP - so irritating.

I log in every few days with Firefox, almost always without any trouble. Using Rogers as my ISP. Sounds like this might be a Bell problem, not an AP one?

aviation_newbie Jan 3, 2011 3:41 pm

I'm on rogers and I'm having serious problems at the moment....now when I try to recover my password it says "Your account may have been deactivated" ... I just used my points last week for two reservations ... I've been on hold waiting for Tech Support for over ONE hour.

peter.jensen Jan 3, 2011 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by aviation_newbie (Post 15575084)
I'm on rogers and I'm having serious problems at the moment....now when I try to recover my password it says "Your account may have been deactivated" ... I just used my points last week for two reservations ... I've been on hold waiting for Tech Support for over ONE hour.

+1. Do post when you're actually able to get through to speak with someone.

threepoint Jan 3, 2011 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by tomh009 (Post 15571034)
I log in every few days with Firefox, almost always without any trouble. Using Rogers as my ISP. Sounds like this might be a Bell problem, not an AP one?

Doubt it. I'm having constant troubles with a Firefox browser and Telus ISP. The site appears instantly, but won't recognize my account number and password. After a couple attempts, the server reports it's reached capacity or is temporarily down.

tomh009 Jan 3, 2011 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by threepoint (Post 15575131)
Doubt it. I'm having constant troubles with a Firefox browser and Telus ISP. The site appears instantly, but won't recognize my account number and password. After a couple attempts, the server reports it's reached capacity or is temporarily down.

I think that's a different problem than the one reported earlier in the thread (where the site is not found, apparently due to DNS failure). This now one appears to be AP, not ISP-related.

RoninTech Jan 3, 2011 3:52 pm

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
The Aeroplan site is down for everyone right now.

threepoint Jan 3, 2011 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by RoninTech (Post 15575176)
The Aeroplan site is down for everyone right now.

Probably due to thousands like myself who check the site daily to find out when my tier will be changed (regained Elite in early December but still listed as P) and when I'll be able to make selections for the 2011 travel year.

PreferBulkhead Jan 3, 2011 4:25 pm

18h24 on Bell - no issues logging in. Guess Leslieville is special ;)

ylwae Jan 3, 2011 4:29 pm

I can't log in either (on Shaw). Actually, I could initally log in but couldn't book any flights; now I can't log in at all because it tells me my password is incorrect.

I spoke with web support and the tech told me my password is fine but the site is having problems and other techs are "working on it". I am welcome to try "later".

His supervisor has advised them that no fees will be waived for people wishing to book through AP agents, even though they acknowledge that there is a problem preventing people from booking on the website.

Well done, AP.

Flews Jan 3, 2011 4:37 pm

Same problem here (as above post, except I am on Bell Sympatico).

Even worse, earlier today I noticed my 2010 flights/miles now indicates "0", while my actual 2010 flights/miles now appear under the year 2009.

Meanwhile, even when it was working, I still can't make my top tier selections either, not that it really matters anymore...

Cheers,

huntk Jan 3, 2011 4:49 pm

I can log in, eventually, but cannot view any transactions presently.

ylwae Jan 3, 2011 4:54 pm

Hmm. Booking fee because AP doesn't display a vast number of flights so an agent has to book; booking fee when you have to use an agent because it's impossible even to log into the site to book a flight. I wonder how much revenue booking fees contribute to the bottom line?

And how wonderful that AP doesn't provide an obvious mechanism by which to lodge a complaint. AC's customer service is miles ahead.